Just Got Back- Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by diannahb830, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    This is exactly why we are going to Desire RM in Nov. After 11 years and 13 trips to TTR, we've decided that the post reno TTR just isn't the "vibe" we are looking for. Not saying we'll never go back, but it doesn't get us excited like it used to. Been back 3 times post reno, and while upgrades to the resort were needed, they have completely changed the environment and the demographics are changing also.
    We've been wanting to try Desire for years, but until TTR hanged, we just stuck with it.

Thanks for the reviews. They are excellent!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Rob&Michelle

Rob&Michelle Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    WOW great review but i much say im very disappointed
    Coming for our honeymoon on the 6th September

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. T&D PA

T&D PA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 1
    What are you disappointed about? Is this your first trip? I find that those of us that have gone to TTR pre-reno have different expectations/experiences than those that have not gone pre-reno. I think we are used to a vibe that just is not there anymore and it is hard for us to accept lol. The resort is still fun and worth the trip. Do not let my review discourage you!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    Agreed. You will have a blast at TTR for your honeymoon. Most complaints about TTR on this Forum are from guests who have seen it change. It's not bad, it's just different from what long time visitors expect.

There seems to be a natural, simple, progression for vacationers:
    1. Vacations to "vanilla" resorts (Secrets, Breathless, Excellence, Rui, etc).
    2. Try TTR (AKA "dip your toes in"). 95%+ (there are always a few that won't be happy anywhere) of guests will have the time of their life on the first trip to TTR and become addicted. Going back to a vanilla resort is no longer an option for most.
    3. Try DRM or Pearl after a few/several trips to TTR. Most will love the Desire resorts atmosphere, but not all. Some find it too laid back (really depends on the week, we never have). Some switch to Desire, others never come back to Desire. We have opted for split trips now.

Honestly, after discovering DRM we thought we were done with TTR, but after a recent split trip, we realized that we will continue to spend time at TTR. I can't image going to DRM straight from the vanilla resorts without enjoying TTR first and becoming more adventurous/carefree.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  5. T&D PA

T&D PA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 1
    You are absolutely right!! Vanilla resorts are no longer an option for us. We went to TTR for our honeymoon in 2015. Since then, we would never ever spend our time and money at a vanilla resort. Of course, we have no other option when vacationing with our kids, but when its just us, we like things spicy :cool: TTR introduced us to the LS in 2016 and we haven't looked back.

6. EastTexas

EastTexas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0
    We haven't tried DRM yet but we started with Pearl. I don't even remember knowing Temptation was around when we were looking at Desire, maybe it was during the renovations. We ended up trying TTR and going back but now we are headed back to the Desire type resort. I agree TTR to Desire would be a better transition from Vanilla. Still our perfect spot is somewhere between Desire and Temptations.

We enjoy some quiet relax time, the restaurants and the no rules areas at Desire and we enjoy the energy and singles to help mix it up at TTR.

7. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    Wow, that's us to a T: 1, 2, 3!

For us, we are Desire addicts, but the cost is a factor. We might not be able to afford a week at Desire, but a split week with Temptation is more doable.

Our past 3 trips to TTR have been love/hate: love for the eternal party vibe, the open sexiness. Hate for abundance of up-charges and high-pressure sales' pushes. Our last trip, the sales pitch went so horribly that we might not ever go back (but we'll see)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. FjohnM

FjohnM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    Expand on the sales pitch! Would love to hear that

9. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    It was an awful experience, and we are very easy-going people. I described it in my review here: Trip Review Jul 30 - Aug 4 2021, Overall Good Trip, But We Won't Be Back

I didn't put a lot of the uglier details in the post, because it's not my intention to hurt TTR. I didn't want my negative experience with a sales person to reflect poorly on a resort I love. I can go into more details if you want, just PM me.

10. Rik&Del

Rik&Del Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    I was glad we read advice about this before hand. We were pretty rude and just kept telling the salesperson we are not interested and wanted to enjoy a lunch alone. We literally just walked away from him and told him not to bother us. I felt horrible for the people I saw walking around with champagne glasses being led into the premier office. Just tell the salesperson you don't want to talk and walk away. We were done with the pitch in 3 minutes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice