Your thoughts on Barry Bonds

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Fletch, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    they always do :cool:

2. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A-Rod is a womanizer and cheats on his wife constantly. In his mind, he is not even married. My neighbor's son is in a jazz band that plays in a town that he frequents. He never has his wife with him when he shows up to these places. He is always with some stripper like chicks. "They" say he is nice enough but a real horn dog!!!! As far as Barry goes, he knows the truth and if he did do drugs, that has to eat at him just a little. :D

3. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that the people who estimate memorabilia values have said it all... they are predicting that the ball will bring in $500K compared to the $3 million that Mark McGwire's ball (another juicer) brought in when he surpassed Roger Maris' season home run record. The difference in Mac's and Bond's ball value is that Mac's ball was sold prior to his testimony before the Grand Jury. In comparison, "The Steve Bartman" ball from the Chicago Cub debacle brought in $150K which they subsequently blew up. So I see the above listed $500K for Bonds ball as a slap in his face.

Bond's last homer hit will be the one to possess, but I still think that until the air is cleared about his use of Performance Enhancing drugs, that the value of the ball and the record will be clouded with shame. Who knows how many dingers that the great players of the past would have hit with the same comforts (medically, pharmaceutically) that today's players have. In the old days players probably had to go to the local bar to suppress their game time aches and pains. Now we have whirlpools, ice-baths, and various types of meds (legal & illegal) that will ease their pain and give them an edge competitively.

Then again, I suppose when it's done and over with, that BB can write a follow up book to Jose Canseco's.

4. Bridget

Bridget Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I totatly agree with Fletch, Karen and everyone else, that he doesn't deserve it. No doubt that Bonds is an athlete and would have been a good one with or without steriods. But to break such a record and not to do it naturally...well...to me it stinks.

Bridget

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The truly sad thing is that Barry Bonds was a Hall of Famer without using steroids. He was a shoe in no doubt about it.

But because he chose the use performance enhancing drugs there's alwys going to be a controversy about him.

He will still go in the Hall but it's always going to be tainted. Too bad he just didn't rely on his God given talent. He would have ended up there anyway (probably not have broken Hank Aaron's record though) and there wouldn't be any controversy about his career.

6. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While I'm not as into baseball as I once was, I was raised on the Cubs on WGN... the Leadoff Man always came on after Mr. Rogers...LOL. Seriously, I remember watching the Pirates play against the Cubs. Barry Bonds and Bobby Bonilla were the stars of the Pirates team at the time. To see Barry Bonds now and think back to how he looked 15-almost-20 years ago, my only conclusion is he had to have been using something to have the mass he has now!

7. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ruth did it on beer and hotdogs, Aaron did it with class, how did you do it Bonds???

I cant wait til the Yankee does in a few years from now!!!! thats right A-Rod will destroy that cheaters record a few years from now in pinstripes!!!!!

Who gives a crap if A-Rod is cheating on his wife, thats her to deal with. He is going to shatter Bonds record a few years from now in the Bronx. I can care less if he cheats on his wife. He is not cheating on the field!!!

8. Bridget

Bridget Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That about sums it up right there! I agree completely!

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't see how A-Rod wouldn't get that record if he keeps up the pace he's on now.

He's way ahead of the pace Bonds was on at that point in his career....just more evidence that he juiced up later on as he got older.

10. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    He won't do it in pinstripes.

And there's no guarantee that A-Rod's clean either.

And in the big scheme of things, none of it really matters I guess.
    There's still a war going on.

Go Mets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice