Your flight to cancun....long/short/medium??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EngineerGuy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well, first off lets talk about getting TO the airport. O'hare is in chicago, but on the far northside, so what normally would be a 2 hour drive to downtown turns into a 3 hour drive! 9 dollars a day is the lowest fare you can find to park your car for the day. Generally takes you up to 45 minutes to take the shuttle from your car to the airport terminal. So, all in all, my flight leaves at 10:30am which means we have to leave here likely by 4am! Good thing is chicago is an hour behind us, even though its so close, got to love it! Now the flight isnt bad at all, 3 and a half hours and I am in cancun! And i am drinking Jack the entire way!!! What about you all???

2. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My flight leaves around 6PM. That's around rush hour so there should be frequent trains. That means I can probably get to the airport from my office in 30-40 min. And my flight is 4.5 hours.

3. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1 hour and 30 minutes to the airport, $6 a day parking!!! Flight leaves Huntington, WV at 9:30 am, and arrives in Charlotte , NC around 10:50am

Leave Charlotte at 11:30 am, and arrive in Cancun at 1:44 pm.

Not too bad of a flight, but will be a touch one to catch my connector in Charlotte.. If I miss it, I won't be in Cancun till around 4 pm that day...

Good thing is I don't have to be at my airport until like 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and a half till my flight boards, so that isn't too bad... Very small airport.. Never flown from this one, I usually fly out of Charleston, but flights were around $300 more bucks than Huntington.. I took the smart choice...

No booze for me on the way to Cancun, until I arrive... Unless they bump me to first class for free again this trip down there haha...

Forgot lol.. From Huntington to Charlotte is from 50 minutes to an hour and 15 mintues, and From Charlotte to Cancun is usually from 2 hours 45 minutes to 3 hours 45 minutes.....

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well for me it's about 25-30 mins IF that.
    Stop off at Tim Hortons on the way, grab a tea to wake me up, then off to airport..
    Parking is like 50-70 bucks for the week, and thats Park N Fly.

Flight is just shy of 4 hours going there

5. sveneyUK

sveneyUK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    gettin to london gatwick for 10am is gonna be hell! have to leave at 5am!

flight is at 10am and is only 11 and a half hours!!!!!!

will be worth it tho i think!

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wouldn't make it on a flight that long..I can barely sit still for the lifht I have and it's fairly short

7. sveneyUK

sveneyUK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i cant stand flying. i have to fly to canada on my own next week... not lookin forward to that! usually have someone there to calm me down.

8. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On a super long flight, the first few hours go slowly but last few will go really fast. Usually I just bring a book or watch movies on my laptop.

I may do Newark <-> Hong Kong direct at some point this year. 16 hours each way.

9. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Like Henry, I have many airports to choose from.... more actually.

If I choose Hartford, it's an hour drive from my house, and I pay $35 for the week to park with my Ski Club or Alumni Assoc. discounts... shuttle is 5 minutes away from the terminal.

If I choose Westchester County/White Plains, the airport is 1/2 hour away but parking is ridiculous.. I usually take a shuttle or get a ride.

If I go to Laguardia, JFK or Newark I have more flight choices but it's a pain in the ass to get to each of them.. and parking is very expensive. It takes me about 45 minutes-1hr 15 min depending on which of the 3 I use.

It's good to have options though

10. sethgekko

sethgekko Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that I win this competition, for me is:

- 5 hours by car (From La Coruña to Madrid)
    -11 hours by plane (From Madrid to Cancun)

then heaven....10 days later HELL the same flight and road but in the wrong direction (from Cancun to Madrid and then La Coruña :( )

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice