Your Favorite Drink?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by B1baller, Feb 4, 2008.

1. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes... contrary to popular belief... tipping is never, ever included.

not at the hotel, not at the clubs/bars/restaurants.

the only place it's actually included is in the taxis. you negotiate the rate before you get into the cabs, tip is included in the agreed upon rate.

but if you want a drink, an extra towel, prompt housekeeping, or anything that you cannot or will not get yourself, you must tip for it.

you may pay $45 to get all-u-can-drink at the clubs.. but that doesn't get you the actual drink. $$ gets you a drink.

I'll either take Riki's approach and drop a $10-spot in the beginning, or target my bartender for the night and make sure he/she knows I'm taking care of him/her in the beginning, and I'll hit them again at the end. It's just the way it works when it's you and 3,000 of your closest friends in the club.

2. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree. thats how I intended on doing it in cancun, and thats how I do it in ny. plus when I do it that way, I usually get free drinks later on anyway.

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i always do it that way.....take care of em at first.....they take care of you, then you return the favor later on.....then maybe if you hit up the same club they recognize you....or the color of your money

4. londons_finest

londons_finest Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so it seems like every1 is doing it looks like il have to leave the biggest tip lol :p

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hahaha these bartenders have to be eating this whole discussion up

6. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rum and Coke, Patron, and Hennesey, those are the drinks you will catch me sippin on

7. gorjess88

gorjess88 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ive never drank tequila lol

8. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You should try it... makes your clothes fall off!

9. Frenzie

Frenzie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dont get me wrong i tip regardless of where i am but a tip should be for good service. There were many of times i was expected to tip (which i did) but was expected to tip even more before i had even got a drink.

Im not tight, far from it infact but i dont like someone basically telling me, "where's my tip"

I tell ya a good tip, provide a decent service and get paid a decent tip lol.

One place i went into, i gave the bloke $15 and he was serving me all night, he right looked after me so at the end of the night i gave him another $15. I know how things work in cancun but they would prob earn a lot more if they wasn't so forceful.

10. AussieBabe

AussieBabe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Put some raspberry cordial in with the vodka and pineapple, best drink, officially called a vodka sunset but I just order it vodka sunrise with pineapple. Considering you like fruit tingles I can tell it won't be too sweet for your taste.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice