Your best upgrade rate

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by dynamite, Sep 13, 2013.

1. dogface2104

dogface2104 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    free upgrade for PM's

2. CaptMorgan

CaptMorgan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0
    I paid $343 for 8 nights via Orbitz, and that was 9 months before our trip, for this coming Feb week 8.

I figured it was worth $42.88 per day not to have to climb stairs, and the one or two ridiculous-good hot tub memories on top of that would just be gravy!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  3. ajay

ajay HnH Repeat Offenders Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 0
    The upgrade request sounds good. I ask for a room around patty o, the noise really doesn't bother us and I pull the old trick my wife needs a ground floor room due to a recent injury. Always works as it seems a lot of folks really don't like to be around patty o at night. We've noticed the last few trips that the dj stops by 2 am so the noise really hasn't been an issue.

4. MACLAN

MACLAN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just found out the upgrade is mostly due to what you booked.

If you booked a Garden Room - Upgrade to a jacuzzi room is $108 or Drops of Love package is $718 for a week

If you booked an ocean view - its $54 a night upgrade.

You can do both at check-in.

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Well I have booked a cheap garden via alpharooms / skoosh type and then later upgraded for $50 for jacuzzi on site so I really don't think there are set rules. In advance we did do the drops of love once for the price you mention.

6. MACLAN

MACLAN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Rooms and Express Check-In...

I know this has been posted a million times on many threads but...

Rooms - So what rooms do you think are the best, meaning block or area? Which ones are ones you don't want? (Which could be even more important - HA!)

Upgrades - We're thinking about an upgrade... worth it?

Express check-in - My understanding is that it really doesn't help doing this and check-in takes the same amount of time, True?

Thanks everyone for the info!

[​IMG]

7. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 2
    We just don't spend enough time in the room to be interested in any upgrade. Quite a few who have booked Jacuzzi rooms go on to say that they used it only once or twice. There are just so many things going on that our in-room time is really only when we're too tired to stay awake any longer. To some - it's obviously worth it, but if you're on the fence I'd suggest talking about how often you'd need to be in it for even $50 per day to be justified.

8. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    We have been to TTR 3 times... Had a total of 4 rooms.

First trip, we had room 1261. Jacuzzi suite overlooking the water. Was definitely the nicest room we had of the 3 stays... Jacuzzi was ridiculously fun, especially with the glass window overlooking the water from the jacuzzi... Quite a few shows were given to the guys on the docks.. Only downfall was that it was literally about as far away from everything on the resort... Which was nice, but a pain at the same time when doing drunken stumbles. (Although more nice than not since the wife would typically be stripping on her way to the room so I would get to watch that)

Second trip, we were in the 5531 I believe... Ocean view, third floor. Room was much smaller than our first trip, but the balcony was nice. Had a big shower with two shower heads and plenty of room for 2-4 people.. ;) It overlooked the volleyball courts and was nice because you could get a breeze easily if you wanted. Much closer to the action than our first room, but still far enough away.

Our last two days, we stayed in a friend's room, which I believe was 1337... View of the street, crappy AC, and a pain in the ass to get to lol.. But the company made the room well worth it. :3some:

Last trip, we were in 2307, which overlooks Paty O's on one side, and Margaritas on the other. This room was okay. Shower was smaller, which wasn't as much fun... Being in close vicinity to Paty O's was actually nice for wardrobe changes, bathroom breaks, all that type of stuff throughout the nights... Couldn't get a good breeze in the room though because the room is somewhat sideways from the water. The noise wasn't that bad, I think maybe one night it caused difficulty sleeping for me...

Hopefully next April we can use a referral week and try out a room in the 3000 building... If not, I think I want to try and get a deal on a jacuzzi suite by the quiet pool... And if not that, back to the 5500 rooms lol

9. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    Oh, and the upgrades are worth it depending on what you do... We typically spend $24 a night to upgrade to an ocean view, and its worth it IMO... Its always worth it to ask at check in...

As far as express check in goes, does it help? Maybe not. Does it hurt? Its 3 minutes out of your life to help you have the chance of making your check in easier. I'll continue to do it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice