You think I'd know better then to check the weather...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by svenskaprincessa, Feb 12, 2007.

1. svenskaprincessa

svenskaprincessa Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At least not 5 times a day! So.....hows it been? It seems like the forcast always calls for some clouds and scattered showers. I know Cancun has little bursts of afternooon showers. But has the weather been as bad as the forcasts seem to call for? Last weekend was supposed to be rainy and cooler then normal (70's) - just wondering if that came to fruition? Twenty-four hours until we leave grey, frigid Minnesota behind for week - hope we have decent weather.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    It's not been great this lats week, we have had quite a bit of rain and not much sun. Today, it's cloudy and has just started raining again.

Forecast for tomorrow is that it will be nice, Wednesday too before getting rainy again towards the weekend.

The weather has been quite strange here for the last 4 or 5 months.

3. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I keep telling myself not to check the weather too, but I do. We too are from MN (Twin Cities) and are looking forward to getting out of the cold and grey, and right now it just looks like Friday for the chance of rain. I know when we have gone in the past it always says rain, and we never have gotten any. Hopefully it won't rain too much if it does, but it will be better than here. :D

4. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just curious how much rain you got yesterday? I think Steve had said it was cloudy and had just started to rain, and wasn't sure if when the weather calls for rain if it is usually just a little and then it is done, or if it ends up all day long? Not like we would cancel our trip or anything, :D , but just curious. We still can't wait to go though, it will be really nice.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It rarely rains all day long, usually it's less than half an hour. But it IS the tropics after all, and we do get tropical weather here. I once measured 20 inches of rainfall in 24 hours, the ensuing flooding was particularly interesting to drive in.

Look at it this way. If it wasn't tropical here you wouldn't want to come in the first place. So if it rains a little while you are here, hey, you are still in Cancun, right?

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Yesterday the rain lasted about half an hour and then it cleared right up and went into blue sky mode. Today looks like it could be a scorcher.

7. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is great to hear, that is what I figured, rain a little and then be done. Any place is better right now than Minnesota. We do love it there for the weather and the beaches, but also the people, the laid back attitude, just relaxing. We can't wait, Thursday at 6:00 am we will be one the plane!! Thanks for the info.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice