"You didnt build that"

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I know I am late on this one. I slept in...lol

I agree with Steve however, in his interpretation of the quote.

However, I do think it was poorly worded and appreciate how offensive it can sound to someone who has built a business.

Surely everyone that has built a business has had some help along the way. Good advice from someone, financial investment or loans, training in the chosen field from a previous employer, etc.. The tools of doing business were created by others, the infrastructure ot move our products to market all and the input of others. The materials and equipment used to manufacture products were invented and developed by others. In this sense, others have contributed to the success of a new business venture.

To say "You didn't build that" diminishes that risk, effort, hard work, vision and determination that someone puts into building a business. It was one of the dumbest things Obama has said. Bush and Palin are still way ahead in the "saying dumb things" dept.... lol

2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    It's kind of interesting when someone refers to dumb comments. Palin was attributed to the "You can see Russia from my house" quote which she never said. It was part of a Saturday Night Live skit. She was portrayed as being dumb, yet Joe Biden gets a free pass for campaigning in "All 57 States" and many of his other boneheaded comments.

To me the big earmark of the Obama Administration is the fact that Obama has time to hobnob with Whoopi Goldberg on "The View" but doesn't have time to meet with world leaders at the UN. I guess he's got his priorities and Whoopi Goldberg is more important than Syria or Iran or anywhere in the world.

3. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Best take on the "you didn't build that" comment.

[ame=""]Honey, You Didn't Build That - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  4. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Lol...

Yes, I know the Russia quote was really from SNL. But you you aren't suggesting she didn't say some really dumb stuff? Electing her as VP would have been a disaster let alone the thought she could have ended up President. No doubt in my mind she sunk McCain's bid.

I know it sounds mean. If she was a woman we hung out with at TTR I'm sure we would all like her. But when she runs for a high office like that the standards have to be raised and she fell well short.

I think Obama not meeting with world leaders was odd. I'm assuming he was putting more importance on reaching potential voters but you would think he would have had time for a couple of quick meetings...

5. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Humorous. And that is exactly the reaction many people had to that dumb remark. I honestly think he was going for a "We're all in this together" thing but he blew it big time.

Also...what are those Liberals doing in such a nice house....lol

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    It's government housing!!!!

7. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

My point is that the liberal media went bonkers over Palin but Biden, who is dumber than a mashed potato gets a free ride. If you think Palin as President is scary then where would a Biden Presidency leave us? We might have to join Canada to survive.:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

8. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Lol...

Biden...not great but he knows you don't stand with your North Korean allies.

9. pfbobo

pfbobo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of the most important lessons my father showed me through example was getting up and going to work before the sun rose and not coming home till the sun set. If you do this you will be miles ahead of most people.

10. Snowflakemelter

Snowflakemelter Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This loser is finally gone. Too bad Cancun area now being ravaged by the Narco-terrorists. The great Mexican people should have full right to carry arms. Oh well, Cancun won't benefit from the Trump boom for awhile after the Obama disaster. Maybe is corrupt Mexico gets off its ass they can clean things up now the POTUS isnt a criminal ie HolderF&F and inviting all the CAmerica/ISIS illegal aliens.coyotes into Mexico. Then again theres alot of airheads that made things gets so bad in the first place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice