You are an ironman!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by kathy_caribe, Nov 29, 2011.

1. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have been joking the last 2 days about that - it rings in our skulls. When the kids packed up our stuff this morning to head back across the channel I told them "YOU ARE AN IRONPACKER!". Everyone is an IRON something.

We had a great time on the island and it seems Cancun has lost the HIM as it looks to be moving the Cozumel next year, and I'm pretty excited about that. I actually went all the way to Veracruz for my HIM in June rather than do Cancun as the route sucked so bad.

I had a great race and while I was 3rd in my age group out of the water I lost it on the bike badly and ended up 16th in my category. I've already decided I'm going back next year.

If anyone is waffling about the triathlon on Cozumel, Do IT! We "hosted" the guy (Zack Ruble) who took 4th overall and it was such a blast being with he and his fiance and seeing the race from his POV also. The course is AMAZING and the support - when you're on teh bike it is like Le Tour (de France) and on the run it is like you're winning Boston. The crowds are hands down, The Best Crowd Support anywhere in the world. They are amazing.

And if you're wearing the colors, you'll have waiters and cooks running out of restaurants to cheer you on, course officials surreptitiously giving the "Animo Mexico!" and EVERYONE on the course screaming VIVA MEXICO!

It was an amazing experience. We'll be back next year.

(this is me coming out of T2 (bike to run) headed out on the marathon) oops that came out big. Can't figure out how to resize it...

[​IMG]

2. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats! What a huge accomplishment :) Interesting that they're moving the half to Cozumel, I always thought it did pretty well in Cancun.

3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Fantastic Kathy what an achievement - we have a very good friend that also completed his very first complete Ironman this weekend in Cozumel- he is fantastically happy.
    I think what you have done is amazing - I am in awe !!!!

4. kellyfitz11

kellyfitz11 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats amazing. Im hoping they have more 5k, 10k or half marathons in or around Cancun. Im doing the 5K this weekend in Cancun!

5. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yup, that's the distance.

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty psyched about the marathon part as the longest I'd run prior to this was a half marathon (and that was at the end of my HIM).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice