Yet another rooms thread

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by MetMan, Jul 24, 2012.

1. MetMan

MetMan Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi gang,

Rooms questions for you.

1) I know main floor by Patty O's or Sexy pool are best, right? Any idea the room numbers so I can ask specifically? I know Steve said 2110-2115 in another thread (I searched before asking) but any others?

2) How do you get these rooms? Do you ask at check in? Do you tip the check in person? How much? Do you wait for the bellhop to show you to your first room and then tip him and ask for another? Do you email in advance and ask?

3) For non-Premier members, do you still sit for their lame presentation at check in? I've heard it twice, not interested, just want to start the party after the 6 hour flight. How can I respectfully skip it, or can I?

I got stuck with a two beds room near the quiet pool when I was a single the first time I went and then a sweet second floor room by Patty O's the second time I went. Should I drop that it's my 3rd trip or (made up number) and ask for a prime room?

Many thanks! See you on October 29 - Nov 5. Say HI!

2. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ask for a quiet room away from Paty-O's and guaranteed they will give you 2110, which is directly behind the Paty-O's grill. Worked like a charm for me! :icon_rolleyes:

3. MetMan

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You're a pretty gal though, I'd need to tip to get that! :)

4. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Now for a serious response to your questions, in the order you asked them :)

(1) Can't help you here, because I like to SLEEP at least 4 hours per night at TTR, so I stay far away from rooms near Paty-O's.

(2) When you book your trip, make the request in your online booking form, or when your travel agent submits the booking for you. There is usually a place in the online booking for "requests". Then ask again when you do the Express Check-In thru the TTR website just before your trip. Then live a good life, give alms to the poor, and pray that your unimpeachable character and generosity to your fellow man makes any difference at all to the room gods. In 2 trips, I got the quiet room I asked for the first trip, and the cursed Room 2110 the other time. There are clearly some random forces of nature at work here. I even had my travel agent call down a few days before I arrived to reiterate the request for a quiet room and one near Craig's and Rene's rooms, and neither request was fulfilled. DO NOT try to tip the front desk staff, as I have heard it can get them fired.

(3) You are far more tolerant than I to have sat thru 2 presentations and be considering your third. Typical Canadian inability to be rude. When the timeshare staff approached me last trip, I said I was having a bathroom emergency and I skittered away, never to return. Worked like a charm. In the land of Montezuma's Revenge, no one is going to argue with you if you say you need to get to a bathroom FAST :biggrinbandit:.

If all else fails, just ask to be moved to another room, and they will always do that for you unless the resort is absolutely sold out, in which case you can go to the desk at about 1 pm the next day when people have checked out to ask to be moved.

Hope this helps.

5. MetMan

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for the longer and more involved response. I do appreciate it!

I don't mind the Patty O's noise as I'm down there until it's dead anyway. Last year I was near Patty O's, right at the stairwell on floor 2, (maybe 2210??) and never had a problem with noise.

Perhaps I'll take a map along and point out where I want to say at check in?

And if it's cool when check in staff say go to the presentation to just say no then I will! Even if they are pretty!

6. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what has worked with us in the past is as they are looking for a room in the computer at check in, because that is when they assign your room, we say we like to be at the quiet pool or what ever area you want to be in.. they will try to put you where you want if available but before they take your luggage to your room ask them if you can see it first.. saves you dragging your luggage back and forth because they will hold your luggage in the lobby.. lol and as for the time share pitch.. just say no thanks, that you have heard it a couple times and your not interested.. sometimes if you sneak by.. you get a little note on your door in the morning that you have a breakfast appointment at a certain time.. ha! like that works.. lol

7. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's another Canadian being ultra polite... ;)

8. MetMan

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    They're just doing their jobs and trying to earn a living!

9. drew_buckeye

drew_buckeye Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    Wow, I can't believe you sat through 2 timeshare presentations. I'm sure they will try to call it something different every time, but as soon as they ask when you would like to set up the appointment tell them "no thanks, I'm not interested". I'm sure they will try asking you again, then just tell them "NO".

10. Jersey Devil Josh

Jersey Devil Josh Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too have no interest in attending a sales pitch...especially after hours of traveling. Sounds kind of silly that they try to get you the second you arrive. I'll be traveling in my bathing suit so I can go right to the bad/pool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice