Yearly FM3 renewal time

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Went with my roomate to Immigration last Tuesday for her renewal and was pleasantly surprised (at least so far). Got there around 10:30. Wait was about an hour. When she turned in her paperwork, they asked for each required item, one at a time to make sure everything was in order.
    THEN..she said she would take them back to rear office and let her know if she was approved and could pick up her FM3 next week!!! The answer was "yes" and she was told to return this Tues or Wed for her new FM3.

I'll let you know the result.

2. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Returned last Wednesday. Got there around 11:00, waited the appropiate time (about an hour) and walked out with her FM3!!!!! Amazing! 2 trips and done.

I was impressed.

3. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! I'm impressed too! I'm in the middle of my renewal right now but am using a lawyer to do it based on it taking weeks and numerous frustrating trips to immigration just to register my address with them last year.

4. Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know what you mean. My retirement FM3 renewal last March took 8 trips!!!

5. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got wowed again later today. I gave the required documents to my lawyer last Wednesday night, meaning the earliest he could have submitted them was Thursday morning. And he called me this afternoon and said my FM3 Rentista renewal has been approved - only two business days later! :) He's picking it up on Wednesday, so I hope there aren't any glitches between today and Wednesday. I used Mauricio Mendoza as my lawyer, who has been recommended on this board - he's great!

6. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What are they charging to renew?
    I am sure that I paid around 1500p last year. This year my payroll company is saying it is 3000p???

Also I submitted my papers 2 weeks ago and I was told today that it is ready.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The fee you pay to INM to renew an FM3 is close to $1500 MXP. If someone says it's $3000 could they be including a lawyer's fee in that number?

8. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The renewal fee for the Rentista FM3 was 1172 pesos. I don't know if it's different for the work FM3.

9. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Has the head of immigration changed again?
    Tracey
    x

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The head of INM's downtown office was forced to resign last week or the week before (while my FM2 drama was going on). He's been replaced already.

The big INM boss at the airport was asked to resign last week and will leave his post in 3 or 4 weeks.

Turnover at that level of INM is normal, those folks don't keep jobs more than a year or 18 months. No job security.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice