YAY!!!!! OBAMA WON!!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Must admit that one of my pet peeves is people who think just because they earn more money than others (and thus pay more taxes) that means they 'work harder' than others.

There are people who sit on their arse all day and earn mega bucks, others dig holes in the road all day and earn a pittance. Earnings don't directly correlate with hard work and I tend to take such comments as Michael Garcia's as purely self interest.

2. Mal

Mal Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ayers absolutely should have been explored more. Khalidi - he was and continues to be a nobody to the PLO. He was just a red herring to throw out there. Now I don't know who the last person was.

I completely agree that Obama got a pass from the MSM but hey, Palin got a pass from Coulter et al. They treated her like she was the most precious object. Perhaps they should have explored her a wee bit more too.

Palin only fired up part of the base. what about Noonan? Buckley? or don't they count as part of the base? When you have avowed conservatives jumping ship, you know something is wrong...

3. elleboogs

elleboogs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mal - I dont' think you are missing much...

At this point, neither candidate could have done much with the state of the us economy.... I have faith that the successful candidate will do all that he can with what was left for him to clean up...

Floridian cubans?? Not quite sure what the point being made was, seeing as how O is not a communist..... Anyways, I am a Roman Catholic and he had my vote. Not taking anything away from McCain, but my vote wasn't based on anything other than what Obama stands for "change for the ppl" and "hope". I have got to believe.

We all just need to accept the outcome.... We may not like it, but nothings going to change....

I'm hoping to see some follow through on the promise(made by Bush) made to support Mexico's fight against the cartel..... What about the war south of the border...

4. El Arracadas

El Arracadas Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is just one of the examples of his promises BUT explained in real numbers by the Wall Street Journal:
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121910303529751345.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

5. El Arracadas

El Arracadas Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ayers dedicated one of his books to Robert F. Kennedy's killer Sirhan Sirhan, if that means anything to you.
    http://www.zombietime.com/prairie_fire/

6. Mal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok seriously, you looked at an article by a Reagan era economist. Did you think he would cheer? I still think that giving credits to those who WORK is a good plan. Tax credits can help stimulate an economy because people tend to spend the money they get back. that puts the dollars into flow in the market place.

also when writes "His American Opportunity Tax Credit would provide a $4,000, fully refundable tax credit for college tuition expenses. His Mortgage Interest Tax Credit would provide a 10% credit -- refundable -- to offset mortgage interest payments for lower- and middle-income families. His Health Care Tax Credits, which the campaign says "will ensure that health insurance is available and affordable for all families," include "a new refundable 50 percent health tax credit on employee premiums paid by employers."

I don't see anything wrong with that. Again, give the rebate and watch it be spent. If people are spending less on mortgage interest, they are spending more in retail or health care. thus stimulating the economy.

7. Mal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am so glad someone else saw the self interest that I did in that statement. I thought maybe it was just me.

8. elleboogs

elleboogs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No, not just you at all :idea:

9. El Arracadas

El Arracadas Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=be3_1223924138

10. Mal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You posted a link from the bastion of conservative news and expect me to take it seriously?

Have you actually looked at the plan and formed your own opinion? One that doesn't involve fox news or some other conservative pundit or talking head??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice