Yaxchillan shooting.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Apr 18, 2012.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, last night I woke up when I heard a small bang, followed by flashing lights and what sounded like an electric-cable getting toasted.

This happens on our street quite often: The bang, followed by some "fizzing" then the lights go out.

This morning I waited for the fan to stop, but nothing...

Turns out it was the shooting, not CFE´s crappy equipment crashing again.

Balacean bares en la Yaxchilan: un muerto y un herido - Grupo SIPSE, sipse.com

2. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well after the statement from the Pelones or whoever they are saying they are in Cancun and going to wipe out all Zetas, I think we're in for a lot of violence, stay indoors people!

3. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yikes! SamCancun...what's your source for that? I totally believe it but I was just wondering if you'd read it or that was just the word on the street.

I do know that the Pelones are in Cancun, your statement just had some immediacy to it!

4. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife read it off a scribbled note near some dead bodies in Por Esto newspaper. Unfortunately she showed me some images as well :wuerg011:

5. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Didnt they arrest some of these low lives just recently? I remember 2 or 3 of them posing on the front page of one of the newspapers.

They already started their so called operation, according to the radio. A killing last weekend was mentioned.

Its so strange to wake up to this crap. It was over before I really "woke up". Found myself staring at the fan when the series of shots went off. My brain just didnt connect, haha.

The odd thing is that I got up, yet never even heard ANY sirens whatsoever.

Edit: Found this on SIPSE as well: http://www.sipse.com/noticias/153504-taxista-intentaron-matar-confundido-chapulin.html

6. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Front of Por Esto said today that it wasn't a person shot, they just drove through Yaxilan and shot up a series of 'possible zeta owned' shops including Paris pharmacy! Fuck that, anyone could have been in there, they left another sign by some bodies aswell saying that they are here to clean the streets of the scum, that extort people and kidnapp them! Says they are narcos that want rid of these low life gangstas that harrass innocent people!

7. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well now who's the gang harrassing innocent people? Haha

Gotta admit that it would be nice to get the Zetas outta here, though... not sure I like the way they're doing it so far.

8. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam: I think this whole think is the oh so common "just to let you: We are here"-message. Messed up, regardless.

Now, these retards want to clean up Cancun and get rid of the evil Zetas. "Funny" that they get to judge, whilst they themselves, commit a LOT of time, energy and resources to extortion, torture, kidnapping, murder, smuggling etc.

Same crap, different toilet.

Considering Mexico wont deal with this problem full on, Id rather keep one cartel than have two or more fighting each other amongst us and the tourists, on a daily basis...

Note: Im NOT saying "I like to have the Zetas here", but rather that I prefer that one is in control, just to avoid the fighting.

In a perfect world, EVERY Mexican(civilian, politician, cop etc.) would refrain from both receiving and/or handing out bribes.

It starts with "just slip the Cablemas dude 200 pesos and hell give you extra channels"...

9. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you telling me that there are people that work for big companies in Mexico that are corrupt, no way, I just cant believe that for one second! :icon_lol:

10. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hahahaha! :biggrinbandit:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice