XCARAT - Swin Shoes or Sneakers needed?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Computerdad, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Computerdad

Computerdad Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For the underground river float. Do I need swim shows or sneakers. Also if I wear sneakers to the swin, how do I get them back?

2. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    More like a wetsuit... :shock: The underground river is pretty cold. You should not need shoes.

3. Computerdad

Computerdad Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Underground river

Based on your reply I wonder if I should try it at all. I am 60 years old and not very athletic.

Can you recommend a better tour?

4. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You do not need shoes. You basically float down the river not much effort is needed at all. The water is cold it is refreshing though after being in the heat. They give you big pink bags that they bring to the end of the river to put all your stuff in. Its really beautiful!

5. RAINDOGG32

RAINDOGG32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They will give you a lifejacket to wear. The water is about 3-6 ft deep depending where you are at in the river. You will not need shoes or sneakers for that. It is pretty cold but your body will adjust in about 5 minutes. It is a great float. They do have places to ditch if you decide halfway through you want to go to the surface and walk the rest of the way. It is a pretty peaceful float all the way. :cool:

6. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can wear shoes and take them off or even wear water shoes into the river. They give you a bag to put your belongings in before you enter the river (bags are transported to the end of it) and you can pick up the bag when you exit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice