would like some advice from my cancun friends

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, May 3, 2009.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we are booked to come stay at the Grand Mayan June 6-20. We have not cancelled our reservations but, are not certain we want to take the risk. Additionally the resort is probably going to be a ghost town if booking trends continue so either it will be service overkill or many services amenities will be limited or closed. what do you think?

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Party in John's room!

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My S.W.A.G. is that this will all blow over by then so don't cancel and come on down. I also believe it will take a while for the hotels to achieve an 80% occupancy again and this could lead to more deals and better service levels.

P.S. It will also help you get out of Orlando where they have cases now!

4. johndish

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    as always good points

now yoldanda does not want to go to Chiapas as she has to fly through Mexico city and we are on frequent flyer miles.....

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fly to Cancun and then to Chiapas? Fly to Cancun and drive to Chiapas?

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John,

I have been wearing a damn mask to Costco, Walmart, Home Depot etc and all my friends laugh at me. Not because of the mask, they just think I am a funny guy.

But I have asked 3 doctors about this stuff and the canned answer seems to be - have you heard of anyone in Cancun who actually has the Pig Flu. And my answer is no.

Our pal Bundy reminded me today that 36,000 people die per year in the US from the good old regular flu, BUT more importantly, the flu does not survive in hot weather. And damn, it is sooooo hot. I think I got the facts right, or at least close.

But it's pretty dead now. What makes it even worse downtown is that the bars, like La Taberna and the places at the bull ring for example, have to behave like restaurants and even have 50% of their table out of service. We had to order a sandwich to get a beer at the bullring today.

Same with VIPS yesterday. They had a sign on every other table that they were not in service. Same with Starbucks at Paseo Cancun.

Plus it is so hard to make eye contact with babes and smile, as they don't ever notice with the damn mask. Go figure.

7. johndish

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    t.j.

that was funny hard to do many things with that mask on. I bet the beer must dribble all over you when you drink with that thing on.

you guys know i like my beer will there be cold beer there in June? if not that will definitely cause a cancellation!

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey John,

I remember you drinking a hot one in the street after Wilma as we had no cold ones. Ja Ja

True story. But better than no beer at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice