Would a misdemeanor warrant come up at the airport when trying to leave the country?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by SurfBreak, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Boxy

Boxy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You get scanned going out of USA, Into Mexico, out of Mexico, into USA...

And from my experience 3 months ago, the USA customs is hot! I had to have finger prints taken and an eye scan to get into the country. Just book another flight and get a refund on your tax.

2. SurfBreak

SurfBreak Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    but who scans your passport going out of the US? TSA? Damn I thought you only get scanned coming back.......

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    TSA scans it going out and compares it against the watch list and to be sure it's vaild, which then causes an interface between them and Customs and Immigration. That will set off some alarms someplace as in a flight risk.

You're going to have to deal with the situation or stay home. Better contact a lawyer now and get the process started.

Jamie

4. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha if irony could hit you in the face it just did i saw on the advertisements just now. have a DUI need a lawyer contact this number . bro get it taken care before handed, Steve is now a lawyer ask his advice his name is Steve 14 on here so before :lighting1: strikes

5. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I agree.... Learn your lesson, deal with everything, take care of it, be free, and enjoy cancun!!!

6. David & Rhonda

David & Rhonda Regular Registered Member

Split time between Beaumont, Texas and Pineville,
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If local police can find that I've had speeding tickets halfway across the USA on a motorcycle and know how many vehicles I have in my name and whether I have insurance or not, I would bet an outstanding warrant on a DUI probation violation will pop up as fast as being on a terrorist watch list. Not only that, if you get pulled over anywhere for anything in the states it's going to show up. My experience is you better deal with it and don't cause yourself some unnecessary jail time.

7. MandZ

MandZ Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 1
    dont have time to deal with a misdemeanor warrant but have time to plan a trip to cancun for spring break...and since it is a probation violation warrant that means that you had to have known for awhile....

just take care of it

8. t7fcx

t7fcx Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Firstly im from the UK but in principle a warrant violation (Bail warrant/Court warrant etc etc) WILL flag up when the passport is scanned,

you have got to weigh up the odds, Get to airport in US get detained there, or when you enter MEX get detained there....end up waiting for US auth to come and deal with you, meaning spending time in a mexican jail/pol stn.....

Or....Obey your probation rules.

In a nutshell if your wanted for the offence only a fool would risk A: Missing your hol and B: Embarrassing yourself and your party when you get busted by the police.

Do the sensible thing get it sorted before you go buddy, if you hand yourself in chances are you will be dealt with on the day rather than be remanded in some shit hole jail.

When do you go?

(As i said in the UK most airlines sign up to a Police/Warrant wanted service...i.e if your wanted the database between police and flight operators and passport immigration services are linked, so if your on the iternary to fly EVERYONE gets to see it ;), may be diff in the US)

But stick your sensible head on mate, get it sorted early doors

9. t7fcx

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    p.s
    May be an idea NOT to publish your situation to the whole world....you never know who is watching....or reading

10. t7fcx

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thirdly dont be a selfish ba*tard and drink drive, s*it like that kills innocent people and the drivers end up surviving.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice