World Cup---Who Wins?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by marshe, Jun 12, 2018.

1. J.P. & LISA

J.P. & LISA Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 1
    Good luck to England actually my husband stepfather was from there my husband said the same thing we're hoping to win our group not to face Brazil and Germany barely squeak through Sweden today

2. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Methinks you are starting to get interested at this point Mate!
    Did you watch El Tri today?
    You planning to watch "the Three Lions" tomorrow?

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Watched Mexico in a restaurant with wife and kids and a few of the kids friends and their parents. England game is 7am kick off tomorrow so nowhere will be open. I'll probably stay in bed, avoid the score and watch it 'live' when I wake up since we have a UK TV system that records everything.

First Mexico game (10am) I only saw the second half (at Score) due to checking in the cruise, and the first England game (1pm) I missed altogether as was on the cruise that day. Haven't watched any other games, other than the 2 minute edited highlights.

So I'm up to one full game and one second half. Not many viewed hours for a weeks worth of World Cup.

4. marshe

Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    You watched first Mexico game at Score!?
    Guess TTR didn'the make any special plans at the Sexy Pool for the game with piped in sound.
    Pity.

I have a feeling your World Cup consumption is about to increase 100% in the next 7 days.

Best of Luck later this morning.

5. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    6:1 We'll take it.

Amazing first half performance albeit against one of the weakest teams. We've qualified for the last 16, the only question is whether it's in first or second. The decider is against Belgium on Thursday 1pm Cancun time.

We'll end up playing Colombia, Senegal or Japan, and I fancy our chances against any of them.

Mexico haven't actually qualified for the last 16 but looking like dead certs, they play Sweden on Wednesday 9am Cancun time. Their last 16 opponents will be one of Brazil, Switzerland or Serbia. Hopefully not Brazil.

Looking forward to more scenes like below (from France 2016)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  6. J.P. & LISA

J.P. & LISA Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 1
    Hey Steve congratulations on England that one guy that scored two goals I think he's even better than Messi he seems to play harder your team did an excellent job and yeah Mexico would have qualified already if Germany didn't score that goal 10 seconds before the game was over but we're still keeping our fingers crossed and Steve I know you know everything about Cancun do you remember the tattooed guy that used to have a Hut at the old TTR do you have any idea where he went cuz me and my husband want to get tattoos when we come back in September and we'd like to track him down he did an awesome job sorry to be off subject awesome I hope Columbia does good cuz it was a sad penalty in their first game and hopefully that won't ruin them to get to the next round they seem like a pretty good team I actually liked when Gigi their old goalie from years ago came onto the field at the beginning of the game he was one of my favorite players

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Well, Mexico just squeezed through despite losing 3-0. Thanks to South Korea. Germans went home, no tears here.

Unfortunately with Mexico coming 2nd in their group it means they play Brazil next. That's going to be a tough one.

We'll find out who England get to play in the last 16 tomorrow after the game against Belgium. Seems Belgium want to come 2nd as they think it will be an easier route to the final. Both teams will probably make lots of changes resting their best players, having already qualified. Could be a drab game.

If England hold first place providing they beat their last 16 opponent we'll be playing the winner of Mexico v Brazil.

What's the betting Brazil knock my both teams out? I can see it happening :(

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  8. Chef A

Chef A Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    I would like a Spain and Mexico final with my favorite team Spain winning. However, after watching many matches the last week, I have to say that the strongest teams appear to be Belgium and England. Think that Spain, Brazil and Argentina have talented squads that are not playing to their potential. Mexico is playing with lots of heart, so that's why I'm a fan of this team. This is my two cents. Nevertheless, really enjoying this World Cup. This is from an American of Puerto Rican decent that wasn't a fan of soccer. Now I can't get enough of it. Cheers!

9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Steve...be prepared for it, be proud for the showing, and shed no tears.

10. marshe

Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    The Three Lions got a nice draw with Columbia.
    C'est Dommage for MeXico tho.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice