world cup rugby in cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TraceyUk, Sep 8, 2007.

1. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Anyone know where they are showing the world cipp rugby in Cancun? Pat O B's is still closed and Casa Rolandi did not know what rugby was. England play the US at 12 noon today!! Thanks

Sorry my husband posted this a 2nd time, not noticing that I had already asked the question.

2. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    England are playing Israel today in the footie, so maybe they will show it after, try rio churascaria (or how you spell it) I'm gonna nip over there if I can get out of work!!!

3. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    espn2 on Sky Mexico is running world cup rugby from 6.45am to 3pm Sunday.

4. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Yes thanks Drew, I saw that so at least I can watch Wales! Yipee.
    Tracey

5. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On a similar note, does any channel show cricket in Mexico???? This is important! Far less importantly....

my wife wants to know (honestly, not me!!!) if it is possible to get itv (x-factor!) and channel 4 (hollyoaks and big brother!) shows somehow or is she just hoping, or infact is this the reason why I am escaping the UK!!! :? I think it might be possible to get them through UK websites and trick them into thinking I have a UK IP address so it let's me access them?? Any thoughts?

6. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sometimes you can watch Super 12 Rugby (or whatever it is these days) on Fox Sports Argentina because Argentina is a rugby nation.

But cricket? Can't honestly say I've ever seen it here, not even the world cup.

If you can't find it on the Internet, your best bet would probably be to put a big arse TV aerial up, point it out into the Caribbean, and wait for the right conditions (Sparodic E or tropospheric ducting)* to watch it on Jamaican TV.

*Keywords provided for TJ and Kim's benefit.

7. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nice one, thank you, I think the internet is the best option then, as for the cricket you might be right, i'm sure it must be the same sort of principle as it was here, I had a massive satellite dish pointed at the middle east and I used it to pick up Art Sports from Egypt or somewhere like that, it enabled me to watch 3pm Premiership football on Saturdays and with effort and the right cards could be used to pick up anything across Europe and some of Africa. However I couldn't get anything from the US because of the laws of trajectory or something like that (i was asleep that day in Science/Maths! :? ) but being in Cancun with the right equipment, you should be able to get all channels from the US/Caribbean and South America, it's just getting the cards and the help of someone technical!! Then again, apart from the Cricket, not sure if there would be anything worth getting that you can't get on Sky or Cablemas in Cancun, what do you reckon?? Relying on tropospheric ducting isn't what you need when it's the final of the 20/20 world cup with 1 over left! (There I go pretending I know what it is!!)

Also, great result for England football team on Saturday, it was a relief to see they were actually capable of attacking football, after a couple of years (some may argue longer) I had started to lose complete faith and i'm the most optimistic of England supporters!! :cool:

8. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cough hack!

36 - 0 ??????

9. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    36/0 Terrible result eh! Did any one watch it, apparently the report said we were"humiliated"!

10. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were AWFUL!!!

The unfortunate truth is that 4 years ago we were awesome now we are awful...........due to injuries,retirements and loss of form we are now represented by some substandard players and have been so for the last 2-3 years. :cry: :cry: :cry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice