World Cup/NBA/NFL/UFC Sports Bars for Live Events ?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by ForgotmyScreenName, Jun 12, 2010.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck to the USA this afternoon against Ghana!

My stomach is already in knots about the game tomorrow - excitement is building - really hope we turn it on this time!

Experts saying it could be a draw...don't thing I could handle a penalty shootout!

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks, Matkirk, for the well wishes for the USA team, may we meet in the finals! Whatever happens today, good luck with your match, tomorrow!

By the way, that website you recommended for getting World Cup details must have been devised by a computer genius! I laughed out loud when I saw what it could do!

Have a look at it, anybody that appreciates something different, in a website.

Calendar World Cup 2010 by MARCA.com

3. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SCANDAL !!!!

The ref, along with FIFA can go to ****.

The problem of not having replays has been around since 1966(Geoff Hurst) - here we are, in 2010(!!) and FIFA refuses to join the evolution.

I feel truly sorry for the English.

4. Jesuis1837

Jesuis1837 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Germans dominated the game anyway even though England was robbed so...

anyway.. my question is about La Taberna... do you think they will present the upcoming UFC event (july 3rd)? I DONT wanna miss Lesnar-Carwin fight!!! :sauer024::aktion070::eek:rangehat:

5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jesuis: yes, but when England scored the 2-2 goal, they had momentum, which in football is VERY important.

I know the La Taberna next to Plaza Las Americas is showing the UFC fight for sure, saw the poster yesterday. :)

6. Jesuis1837

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great news! Thanks!!! As it is my first time in Cancun and dont know about the hotel zone and Plaza Las Americas... is it far from the Zone? I'll be staying at the Royal Sands....

7. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Deutchland uber alles

In the interests of full disclosure, I'll let it be known that Rawkus is my mentor to a sport about which I knew very little until just two weeks ago; but, I have to agree with him, England was robbed of a perfectly decent goal, and it broke their momentum, to a degree. Up to that point, I thought they were playing a highly disciplined and effective game, with every chance to prevail in the end, but that one bad call changed the tenor of the game, as I saw it- without meaning to take anything away from the Germans, who played well, today, too.

Traditionalists may object, but it's time for instant replay in this sport: even Wimbeldon has adopted it and it works well, does not delay the game unduly, and prevents unjust results.

It now appears I was being a little too modest not to stick by my earlier prediction, made on this very thread at the time of the Germany/Australia match, which I will now take the liberty to remind the readers of-
    &feature=related

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  8. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    La Taberna will have the fights on but they will be in spanish. Doug quit buying the ppv when the UFC starting airing the events for free on spanish tv.

We will be at The Cage in centro. It is on Yaxchilan across from Costco. Buckets of beers for $100 pesos and the fights are in english.

Everyone is welcome to join us on saturday July 3 at 9pm for Lesnar vs Carwin.

9. Jesuis1837

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well... if it doesnt cost me an arm and a leg to get there I'll be there but pretty tired, after having travelling all day! :aktion069:

Now the soccer game.... Mexico just got robbed on an EASY offside... this is getting ridiculous.... H:banghead: :sauer005: Shame on those referees... this is so awful....:bash: Please grow up and starts to do replay like in the NFL,NHL and NBA...

10. escondida

escondida Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeahhhhhh!!!!

YES WE WON!!!! BYE BYE ENGLAND!! :aktion069:

And here is the proof that the ball was never behind the line :wink3::

http://angst.se/revenge.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice