Work

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, Dec 24, 2011.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why am I at work today? It's Saturday, Christmas Eve, I'm only having tomorrow off work.

What happens to the world if we are not here writing new hotels for one Saturday? Does the world implode if we don't write web content?

For jobs like mine there is no need for us to be at work today, makes me feel like a very small cog in an evil capitalist machine motivated by greed and our Desire to buy buy buy!

Are any of the super rich directors of my company here today? Well the car park looks suspiciously empty of 2011 BMW's, Audis and Merc's, but there are a lot of Chevys and Turus out there!

I'm going to live in the manglar!!!! (after I've been to walmart and randomly bought a new TV, some things I don't really need, and cued up for an hour) :)

2. mc1234

mc1234 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    aw, matkirk! I feel your pain, I am working NYE :S I work in real estate right now and have no idea why they will be open.. this week was the slowest I have ever seen it.. why they want to stay open during major holidays is beyond me. Hope you don't have to stay for too much longer! Are they at least letting everyone go home early?

3. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mat: Im on my way to bust you out!! When you see a Zeta Gas truck, duck down behind a strong wall and preferably a desk... Once the smoke clears, jump out - there will be a black Hummer waiting for you - get in! ;)

4. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be waiting Rawkus!!!!

Black Hummer? I thought you'd choose something a bit more eco friendly? Like a Toyota Prius? Although screeching off in a hummer sounds more fun than gently whirring off in a Prius :)

Only here until 1 p.m. - but it's the principal!!! :icon_smile:

5. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Could be worse...I have to work tomorrow.

6. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am working all weekend. Today, not a damn person talked to me. Pool at the Gran Caribe was very very quiet. tomorrow is a busier day. I cover 2 hotels..... on Christmas...extra work...WTF!!!

7. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Today is Boxing Day - why am I at work? In England they have tomorrow off as well! You got to love the "European" vacation/work week model!!!

:announce: MORE HOTELS!!!!!! WRITE MORE HOTELS GUEY!!!!!

8. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mat: Thats one thing I miss from back home: X-mas and New Years holidays(amongst others...) And IF one has to work, the pay is x4 hourly, plus bonus, plus overtime, plus "after 4pm" add-on... :(

Stay strong and note that Fulham got 1-1 against Chel$$$ki this morning, away. Dempsey with the equalizer. COYW!! :)

9. matkirk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep great result! A lot of draws today, just Man U banging in 5!

10. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Matt , Ged took Boxing day off as part of his annual leave as it just didnt seem right to work it- tradition and all that !!He doesnt get Mexican holidays off as its a US company and he doesnt get US hols as he is in Mexico - he certainly doesnt get the Brit ones we are used to.:( . I hope your christmas day made up for working christmas eve- and have a great time on New years eve xxxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice