woohoo!! just booked our Honeymoon in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by firebladejr, Feb 12, 2007.

1. firebladejr

firebladejr Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just this morning booked our Honeymoon in Cancun!! Exciting stuff. The travel agent has been great!

I've never been to the US or Mexico, so it should be a great experience for me. My Fiance` has been to the US once before to visit her relatives in Chicago.

If anyone knows it, we're staying at The Royal Cancun, which should be open this month.. but should definitely be finished by our Honeymoon in November. If you've been there recently, or are going between now & November we'd love to hear from you, especially if you do the "Royal Service" upgrade.

I hope it's nice there.. as we will need somewhere nice to relax after the 20 hours in the plane :shock:

I thinke we'll be doing some heavy reading of the tips & faq sections on this site over the next few months..

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome and congratulations, both on your wedding and the great trip you've just booked. The Royal Cancun looks like it's going to be fabulous, I'm sure you will have a spectacular honeymoon. 20 hours??? You'll definitely need a nice, cold drink on the beach after that.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The Royal Cancun? I'm getting behind the times - is this a new hotel or a remodelled / rebranded existing facility, where is it?

I'm sure it will be a great trip to remember, but I wouldn't be looking forward to the 20 hrs flight from Aus.

4. firebladejr

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no idea about the rebranding... it's run by Real Resorts and is around Km 11.5 I think.. it's supposed to be finished on Feb 14.

We're not looking forward to the 20hrs from Aus either... We've done Thailand a few times and that's only 8hrs and it kills us. I think we'll just stock up on the sleeping pills.. the change over at LAX will be murder as well.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Aus seems to be miles from anywhere! When I lived in the UK it was 20 hrs away - I move half way round the World and it's still 20 hrs away LOL

Between now and your trip I'll get some pics for you... just as soon as I know where it is exactly, we dont venture that way very often.

6. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's right next to the Gran Caribe Real, we have it labeled on the map as Royal Gran Caribe Real. They must have decided to change the name to Royal Cancun.

7. firebladejr

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve photo's would be great. Just had another look at the hotel website and it says that it's at KM 11.5 HZ, and going by Mapchick's maps it should be close to Beach Palace and Melia Turquesa

Yeah Aus is a fair way from most places.. the most common holiday destinations for us are Fiji (4hrs & cheaper than going on a holiday in Aus), Thailand (8hrs) and until the bombings Bali was a favourite as well. Anything else ends up being hugely expensive just to cover the flights. The flights to Cancun cost more than the whole two week stay :mad: Then we've got the exchange rate issues... Anywhere in Asia is ultra cheap, anywhere on USD works out a bit pricey for us as we have to add about 20% to the price of everything.. this is partially the reason we went AI, as I thought that if we blew our budget in the first week, then we could just eat/drink at the hotel for the last week to save some money..

Purchasing a holiday package to the US, etc. at a local Travel Agency is really expensive as well...by searching the Internet and going through a US based travel agent, we saved close to AUD $2k on the price of the hotel and LAX-Cancun filghts alone!

8. meg27599

meg27599 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I stayed at the Royal 1 Feb thru 7 Feb and have pics. I wrote up a big thread and review over on TA. I have the same user name over there, if you are interested in reading.

It is located right next to the GCR and is a sister resort.

If you would like pics, send me an email at royalcancunpics at gmail dot com. I set up that email specifically to send people pics.

I am SURE that by November the resort will have worked out a lot of the kinks and be up and running smoothly. Have a great time.

9. firebladejr

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you've got mail!

Great review on TA by the way.. thanks for sharing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice