Wireless Connection Anywhere

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Jim in Cancun, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, not sure what you call it (GSM?) but I finally got one and it works. I got mine from Telcel--about $50 usd a month. I am sitting at my ranch in the woods typing this message.

As usual, nothing was easy or fast. I have had a contract with Telcel for my phone for years so I set my faithful assistant to get me the gizmo (don't tell them how technically challenged I really am RG!) to be able to connect from anywhere--figuring that "you can't get there form here." However, her persistence paid off--after 2 months I have it and it works.

The first thing they did was sold me the usb thingie and told me all i had to do was put in the sim card from my cell phone to make it work! Well, not having a phone so I could have the other was NOT what I had in mind so after much more paperwork or making another contract, they provided me with a blank sim card and I am now online from the jungle. I have the cutest new orphaned pinto baby lambs, the carpenter is installed my new doors completely opposite from what we had agreed upon and all is right with the world.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL! Jim, you are much more technologically savvy than you give yourself credit for.

Congrats on the internet connection and the baby lambs and the backwards doors.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice