Wire Shelves?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Sep 12, 2011.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know of a good place that sells them in various shapes, sizes etc.?

Went to Home Depot this morning, but was hardly impressed and the lack of service just makes me want to throw up.

This is the type Im looking for. Its basically plastic covered metal wire shelves.

[​IMG]

2. Vic

Vic Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check @ Home Depot (I know .... again). Those are on the shelves right behind the
    Stoves and kitchens. I know because I got some for a cabinet that is too high and has o shelves.

Other than that check in Walmart, they have them too but they are a 2 different places. One is in the toilet parts isle and the other ones are almost against the wall between the pillows and the kitchen appliances isles.

Good hunting.

Vic
    --

3. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Vic: Thanks heaps, will go back to Home Depot once again, haha.

You dont happen to know of a place that has more variety? My problem is that the measurements are quite specific, and certainly not "ordinary".

Im sure a day on Lopez Portillo would be sufficient, but have NO CLUE where to start on that crazy street :D

4. lovethetropics

lovethetropics Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    go to lopez portillo corner of tulum, then walk around, make sure your valuables are not within reach it used to be a very dangrous area known forpickockets n knifings during daylight!!!! I dound those shelves were garbage , after 2 years they were rusted n toasted, had to be sigh replaced,,,,, you can make one easily. nOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION, $$$$$, or dealng with a carpenter who thinks everyone is rich except himself, ridiculous concept, but prevalent here. So, Id build mne,, nice n easy you take your measurments aand you go to the wood stroe n they cut it for you, home depot charges a fortune whereas everywhere else s cheaper it seems n they dont charge you for cutting the wood,,,,,,,, you go to LP aka now known as lopez portillo corner ( if you can cxall it that,,,,,,,,,,, humm corner of bonampak,make a few detours then youre in the areacaled "Talleres" a tallwer can be any kind of shop, carpentry to cars erc, m not quote sure because it hasnt come up in convoswell theres a huge place that sells wood its int he carpentry area, hy,and thye cutto your specifications, they drillhnoles for doorknobs etc for free as long aS YOU buy the piec of wood,, all you need is to go w your measurments n they do the rest and dotn charge for cuts as does home depot and deliver, for free!!! good luck, its try that route.

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well Rawkus, that should clear it up for you.

WTF???

6. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOOOOOOOOL!!!! :D

Hahahaha, that really made me laugh, like hell! :)

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Meee two! :soccer:

8. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mmmm interesting....I think I'd take the Home Depot route myself.....sounds a little less perilous.

9. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mat: Bring knives and bats and lets head over to Lopez Portillo this weekend. ;)

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rawkus - Assuming it was I who made you laugh, not only can I navigate INM, I am funny, witty and charming. Well, funny anyway in this case.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice