WINTER IN CANCUN

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by dynamus, Dec 18, 2007.

1. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cold! Are you having a laugh? I haven't even been slightly cold!! My wife told me December in Cancun is normally cold and she reckons this is the hottest December she has ever seen, it's been beautiful, okay, it's not warm at night but it's not cold, come on people!!

Try jumping in Lake Windermere in November or Brighton Sea on xmas eve at night time, now that's cold!

2. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am FREEZING! :evil:

I moved down here from Toronto (similar to Colorado I think). I loved it there, but much too cold for me, I must have been an iguana in a previous life. And at least over there I had heaters, that I don't here.

3. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Enjoy the 59 F. It was 17 F this am. (In Denver and -19 in Gunnison) I know it can feel really cold there but you are in Summer compared to Wonderful Colorado!!!

Debbie

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Colorado would be perfect if it had an ocean.

I believe that the lowest temp ever recorded in Cancun was around 45 degrees F. The guard on my street is wearing a PARKA, all puffy and everything, he looks ridiculous.

5. dynamus

dynamus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If there was an ocean on Colorado water would be freezin cold just like in the West Coast, which by the way, if it ever gets hit by "The Big One" Colorado will surely have an ocean. (just kidding)

But yea! 59 F in Cancun is summer temperature compared to Colorado, Illinois, or Toronto. And yes, we miss Colorado, though, I am not originally from there, I lived there for eight years, and that's where I met my lovely wife.

6. frankthetank

frankthetank Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heads up... a lot of cold air is going to pour out over the Gulf of Mexico in the next 7 days. Should be a heck of a cold shot with Miami ***possibly*** seeing lows in the upper 30's. Cancun should receive a decent blow from this too. Lows will be the coldest so far this year. I've noticed that Cancun Airport has been seeing a lot of upper 50's for overnight lows. Last night was a toasty 68F and the night before was a chilly 61F.

good link
    http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/obhistory/MMUN.html

Bundle up!

7. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So it has snowed NONSTOP since we arrived here 12 days ago. I think about 6 feet so far. I don't think I have seen a temp over 15 degrees since I got here. The other day at 2pm it was 1...1 degree that is. I looked for it outside but could not find it.
    Yesterday 17 inches of snow and 40-50 MPH winds. All the roads from here to Denver are closed - Avalanches

Anyway, I would no longer live here...EVEN if it had an ocean.

:(

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just read that the wind is blowing so fast and visibility is so bad that they can't shoot off the avalanche cannons on I 70. Sounds pretty bad in Colorado. But then Coloradans are good at crazy weather.

My pals in Maine have had 6 feet of snow since October. It seems like the whole US is getting a very white winter.

It was kind of cloudy here today, but we're still wearing flipflops!

9. frankthetank

frankthetank Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tonights the night. Today looks like it was WINDY and chilly. 3pm today in Cancun and the temp was 64F! Ouch. Lets here about it people? Winter jackets?:)

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Winter jackets?... nah just feels like summer in the UK :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice