windsheild coming via friend on airline

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by cancunroberto, Jan 19, 2008.

1. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    when it gets to airport will my friend have any trouble? is there a tax? thanks for any help!

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    *bump*

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Generally speaking you can bring in up to $300 US duty free. After that the duty is 15% of the excess. Be sure your friend has a receipt and I would expect the possibility of a brief hassle. Assuming the receipt is in order and under $300 US they should allow you to pass.

I have never encountered these guys looking for a bribe like the street police.

Wish me luck. I am in Ft. Lauderdale and my plane leaves in under an hour. You would not believe the stuff in my suitcase this time. Can you say Jimmy Dean? And 12 baseballs, 3 Transformers and more but that's all I am saying for now.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let me just say that I will be having Sausage Gravy and Biscuits for breakfast on Sunday. There is nothing available to my knowledge that remotely resembles sausage patties like are available in the states.

To add to my earlier list, as I was unpacking I noticed that I had 2 laptops and a cordless leaf blower too.

Steve would forget about his English Breakfast if he could have some of this stuff.

Yummy.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - Two laptops and a leaf blower, that's funny!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice