Wilma's effect

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by P H I L A D E L P H, Jan 10, 2007.

1. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That hurricane really effected many aspects of Cancun, especially for spring breakers. You figure that Fat Tuesday and La Boom shut down, not mainly because of Wilma but I'm sure it was somewhat the nail in the coffin for these two places. (which happened to be two of the best places for breakers, la boom, IMO, was the best). On top of losing those two colossal spring break stages, you have a revamped senor frogs that I hear isn't nearly as good as it was before.

what you have left is a lot less choices.

many of those places i would never visit had it those others not closed. i really feel bad for those who didn't get to experience cancun with the old frogs, la boom, and fat tuesdays. to me those spots helped make cancun what it was. it seems wilma is definitely a bench mark where the "old cancun" became the "new cancun"

2. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Old frogs was a great place.....havent been to new frogs yet though.....la boom was also one of my faves

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    some places have closed, yes, but in the end, it has helped cancun! A lot of the hotels took the time to REVAMP their existing hotels to make them even BETTER, and the remaining clubs did the same thing! So, you lost a few places but the remaining places have improved!! Not to mention there WILL be other clubs that will open, just a matter of time!

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah those clubs closed down due to Mangement issues I don't think Wilma contriibuted..

5. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have to admit, Cancun doesnt seem quite the party place (Club wise) to me as it did in 05 but only because of my two favourite clubs going (La Boom & Fat Tuesdays) Also I dont think the new frogs is quite the same although they never had the indoor pool going last year so that might pick things up a little. Come on Cancun we need more clubs!
    I wonder what will happen to all the extras on Tuesdays, As FT had a 4000-5000 Capacity (According to snother Springbreak site) thats a lot of people to filter into other clubs.

Bye
    Adam

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah a good business person would see the potential and open another one...
    Gotta think each night people paying what 40US to get in times how many people??

7. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah for sure.

Bye
    Adam

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice