Will the US improve it's relationships with allies?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by NormsKid, Dec 4, 2004.

?

Will US relations with allies improve during President Bush's 2nd term?

1. No

100.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't Know, Don't Care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please feel free to add additional comments here if you like. I saw this poll at several other websites and wondered how our members feel about this particular issue.

Michelle

2. Liz

Liz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After these four years I would say hopefully Yes :-o

3. gottaski

gottaski Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    it's a roller-coaster ride; we help this guy and put sanctions on that guy now, and in a few years, we put sanctions on the guy we were helping, and help out the guy we were sanctioning!

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Aren't Allies people that want the same thing you do and work with you to acheive it?

I think we're doing just fine with our true Allies. We are having disagreements with those that are friends with us when it suits their purpose and needs but enjoy telling the world what a bunch of jerks we are.

I sometimes entertain the idea of telling the rest of the world to go pound sand. Let them realize that they need us a whole lot more than we need them.

Jamie

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You raise an interesting point.....(who are our allies).........this government doesn't speak for me...I didn't vote for it nor do I agree with it's foreign policy decisions...I guess that makes me a "enemy combatant".

Michelle

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :anon: :prod: :tongueout:

7. SirMoose

SirMoose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

That seem like an interesting point of view...

With an atitude like that, you have to wonder why some people would consider Americans a "Bunch of jerks"

8. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    You make my point just fine for me.

I mean...

Who shoulders the vast majority of the UN costs just to tell us we should play nicer?

Who rebuilt the world after WWI and WWII only to have those people now flip us the bird every chance they get?

Who send the most money overseas in aid every year, forgives or ignores, the most loans, only to be told we only think too much about ourselves?

We have the worst trade balance of any country in the world... OK, there may be some smaller island countries that are worst off.... If we suddenly closed our borders to imports half the word's economies would screech to a halt overnight. Sure our exports would too and prices would go up on things we use to import but now have to make internally. But if we focused the billions in "aid" we give away around the world each year internally, we could fix a lot of those problems.

I'm in no way advocating we do this, it's just sometimes I get tried of the "world view" being slapped in our faces everyday. Besides, if we did it, we wouldn't be in Iraq or the Middle East at all, so I guess everyone would love us then. Right?

If America is sooo bad, tell me why it is the only country in the world that has to build fences to keep people out?

Jamie

9. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats precisely why most of the world does not like the US .. because it flaunts the fact that it is bigger and better and often bails out others - if it were to do it subtly, although i doubt GWB knows the meaning, then perhaps there wouldn't be so much ill feeling towards the country! Spekaing as an englishman, i am proud to be an ally to the US, but i do feel it needs to take a look at how it conducts itself in the face of smaller, poorer countries!

10. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    So if we just gave out the money and went away quietly, everything would be OK?

Even Sugar Daddy want to collect a little something-something every once in a while.

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice