WiFi or no WiFi

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jeff n Jill, May 17, 2008.

1. Just Jeff

Just Jeff Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hi everyone, Jill and I are heading to Temptations on May 28 for a week. We are trying to decide if it's worth taking the laptop to stay in touch with home. It's our first trip away from the baby and mom is already worrying 7 days is too long. The laptop would help her a lot. So back to the topic at hand..is the long rumored WiFi actually a reality or still just a figment of our demented imagination. If it's not available, is the rent by the 1/2 hour computer still in the lobby. I know, I know leave the computers and worries at home. But we really like to keep in touch with our 2 daughters. One is 2 the other is 18 so there are plenty of reasons to keep an eye on things at home.

So...WiFi or no WiFi ?????

2. lowrider86

lowrider86 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    As far as I know,Wifi is there. If your a Premier member it is free. If not they charge a "per day fee". Not sure what it is. We get there on the 22nd, Hope to meet you guys. We have lost count on how many times we have been there.

3. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used my laptop while there the end of April. Like Al said, it's free for premier members and I believe it is $15.00 for non premier members. Not sure if that's the right amount or not, but I think I heard that somewhere. There is also the computers in the lobby that are $5.00 for 1/2 hour. Keep in mind tho, that the computers in the lobby are set up differently than the ones we are use to. Also, both is VERY VERY VERY slow.

4. seattletnt

seattletnt Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We were there a couple of weeks ago...
    The computers in the lobby run $5 for 1/2 an hour. The WiFi is free for Premier, otherwise it's $15 a day. Also, we didn't get much of a signal in our room, but a strong signal on the patio. We had a room on the ground level by the sexy pool so it was convenient to sit and check e-mails. Also, we installed Skype (a phone line that runs on the internet) and only cost a few cents a minute. That was very convenient & way cheaper than any cell phone plan. Hope that helps. Have a great time! :)

5. Beverly

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's goofy. We were there the same time and I didn't have any trouble with the signal. Just being really slow. We were on the 2nd floor way at the end. Maybe it has something to do with where you are. Beats me.

6. amdub

amdub Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello! Travelling from Ireland in August with my husband, his brother and his brother's girlfriend. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Just wondering where you stored your laptop (from a security perspective) during the day? (I believe they don't fit in the safes?).

I don't intend using it in Cancun if the wifi is slow but we are travelling on afterwards and will need it then plus for in the airports etc.

Where did you/do you store yours and do you think it is safe to bring??

7. lowrider86

lowrider86 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Locking ours in our suit case

8. Beverly

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Locked it in it's carry case.

9. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My boyfriend locked his in his suitcase last year and it was fine. They didnt have the wifi then but he likes to use it during the travel time. To be quite honest I left my ipod and really nice cameras around the room for my whole trip and they were never bothered, those would have been much easier to steal than a laptop.

10. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    We actually just put ours in the desk drawer and had no problems. The only things we locked up in the safe were our passports, our extra cash and our video cam (that we forgot to use on the trip...LOL). I'm thinking we wouldn't have had a problem with leaving any of it out, but of course, wouldn't want to take the chance...I've heard that some people had problems with theft.

We were also on the ground floor by the sexy pool. I posted a couple of times here on the board while I was waiting for Scott to finish his workout and also kept in touch by email with my daughter, who was looking after our house and our cat. Didn't have any problems, although it was a bit slower than what we're used to at home. The posts are correct...free for premier members and $15/day for non-members.

Cheers,
    Janice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice