Wife's nervous - I have questions, do you have answers

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by gutch, Dec 8, 2008.

1. gutch

gutch Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Still possibly going!

:(
    I've had been told we are not going! Now she has changed her mind and is thinking about it.
    :D

My wife is concerned about being propositioned for things that we are not interested in and/or being "hit on". Can anyone help me out with this? Is this place truly somewhere where we could go, have fun, and participate or not in any of the activities without being hassled? Sorry to be a pain in the a$$ about this but she needs reassuring. I plan on booking (or not) on Thursday this week.

Feel free to respond here or by private message. Either way, thanks to everyone for all their help and insight.

2. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am obviously late to respond but my wife had a lot of concerns about coming to this resort when I first brought it up, mostly because of the way the hotel site makes it sound. I had her come to this site and read over the posts and she was more at ease about it and we went. We then proceeded to go back three times in a years time span.

3. Scoooter

Scoooter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've never been to Temptations but will go in January but your wife should relax, it's possible for ANY woman to be propositioned at any resort, beach, night club etc.. If someone says something to her then a polite NO should do the trick and if not there is hotel security. BUT I've read over the forums till my eyes were bleeding and I haven't read one post where it's been an issue for any female. Just my two cents of course... She should go, make the best of it and have a wonderful time. I'm going January 4th and I plan on having a WONDERFUL time if I hook up with someone or not.

4. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Re: Still possibly going!

That, at least in our one visit is not something at all you need to worry about. I've never been to a place that is so "seek your own level" as the BBG/Temptations. Topless? Fine. Not? Fine too? In good shape? OK. Not so good shape? Doesn't matter. Want to be involved in the games? Great. No? Fine too. etc.

Absolutely you don't need to worry about being propositioned. First of all the swingers do tend to seek each other out, but it appears to me at least that they seem to have a sixth sense about "who is" and "who is not" ... we got asked exactly once "do you swing", and it was actually just humorous, not creepy. As soon as I said "nope." The guy spent the next 20 minutes trying to convince us that, heavens no, he wasn't a swinger, no sir! LOL

The goofiness and debauchery tends to be way overstated on this chat board - I think mostly because the people on this board (myself included) ARE goofy and such. :) Generally speaking it's just a mellow and relaxing place.

Here's a couple of things to put your mind at ease:

1) We arrived our first day, and once our room got sorted out, we went down to the sexy pool, cruised past the bar on the way, found a spot for our towels (I think we found a single open chair), ditched our towels and my wife's top and coverup there, and dropped into the pool ... Ahhhh... Well our first drinks lasted all of about 3 minutes and the guy standing next to me sees me drain the last of my beer and says "hey man, I'm bar-bound - I'll bring you the next round" - he got our order and was back in a flash with our drinks. Meanwhile, we started talking to his wife. As soon as that round was dry, it was my turn, and I passed the favor along to another couple as well. Next thing you know, our little group is about 10 people, and its' taking two trays and two guys for each bar round. And well, 18 months later, we're still corresponding with all of them.

2) Less of an anecdote, more of an observation - the entire attitude there is "what the hell ..." and "we're just here to relax, have fun and forget about life for awhile." That's it ... the entire place is just totally friendly - we made so many good friends there.

Don't worry about the homefront - book up and go!!

5. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If she is that worried about it , just hang out at the queit pool the first day or two there are not that many people there. Yea, she might get hit on, but mostly its just flirting and being silly. Terry

6. Ranger3744

Ranger3744 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got back today and told friends and relatives where we went but then again most know we are a little more adventitious than most. When you get there you will hear the phrase nobody knows you and nobody gives a shit allot so maybe that will make her feel better.
    The only thing I will caution you on is there are allot of people taking pictures every where, especially of the topless women and most don't bother asking.
    Most were dressed in lingerie and some in PJ s but there were a few not dressed at all, I really don't think it matters.

7. Ranger3744

Ranger3744 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    She likely won't get hit on there any more than any bar, as for propositions that could happen too but without any pressure.
    The entertainment staff are very good at getting people involved in the activities with out pressuring any one too much, the may ask but a simple no usually does the trick. I didn't say no much!

8. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Re: Still possibly going!

9. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know what you mean, but know that there's an easy fix... don't wait until you're on vacation to live it up - live it up at home too!

Set the realization that although you will be letting loose on vacation, it won't be a stretch from who you really are. My boss probably isn't thrilled to know that I could end up naked with 52 other people in a 12 person hot tub, but I really don't think it phases him anymore either. And honestly, it makes it easier on my coworkers and staff. When someone decides to come out of their shell, nobody cares because they're all immune to it now.

10. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    My husband (Pharmacist) and I (Nurse) are making our second trip to Temptations and our 11 trip to Mexico. We were there two years ago and it was called Blue Bay Getaway. After reading Trip Advisor, I was a little nervous. We tried another resort last year and realized that BBG/Temptations was just way too much fun to not go back. We are in pretty stuffy careers, not swingers and NEVER felt approached in any weird way. We had a blast with the games but you certainly do not have to participate. I do not take off my top, though my husband wants me to very much but am super fine with what anyone else does. Maybe this will be my year!

As apprehensive as she sounds, I am wondering if she would have fun at all. If anyone asks what resort we are staying at, I will probably say BBG because of what the new name implies. Usually no one asks us about the specific resort, though. Another Pharmacist asked my husband, though and he told her (she really seems stuffy) and she said that she had been to BBG the month before. You never know. If you want to meet fun people who are looking to leave their "real world" behind for a little while, then it is the place for you. It is definately not weird. Have her message me if she wants any other details.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice