Wife's nervous - I have questions, do you have answers

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by gutch, Dec 8, 2008.

1. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Re: Clarification

I understand, We live in the south, even being topless is a tabu. but we just tell people we are going to an adult only resort, and any body we are close to, we tell them the turth if they ask for details, you are not going to an orgy, you are not doing any thing wrong. Terry

2. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    we could never tell our parents - but that is out of respect

likewise they respect the fact that we dont care about hearing sermons on morality nor discussing where in the wide world of sports noahs ark landed or how many sinners john the baptist baptized

...............so we give our kids the number and tell them if our parents call to just let them know we are in cancun - we leave the resort name, information, and phone numbers with the kids............as the kids all know we are just "run of the mill" sinners

rob and tonya

3. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have told my dad alot more details than my mom, I think my dad would like to go, but my mom would have a heart attact. Told my daughter alot of details but still havent shown her a video of us going on a boat trip with 32 swingers.( and we are not swingers, but had a great time) Whats the sin any way, having fun, and fellowship with other? no sin to me. Terry

4. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    It's interesting the course this has taken.

I guess we're maybe just a little bit less concerned about what people think here at least among our friends and with my parents and Stew's mom.

All of our friends, and for that matter, everyone I work with, know that we enjoy going to Mexico, the Dominican Republic, etc. and that I enjoy going topless on the beach. In fact, many of my girl pals get a kick out of it, and I've even inspired a few of them to enjoy the same thing I enjoy.

And, we're honest with our kids - we have three teenaged boys - and since they've been little boys, they've known this. We treat everything as very non-sexual as far as the beach topless thing is concerned. Even our next door neighbor and his wife - our Rabbi - know and well, are at least non-judgemental about it.

As far as the resort is concerned we talked about it in terms people understand - that it is goofy fun - like a spring break frat party for people our age, and yes, things get a little wild, but it's not as big or bad as you think. They do see the friendships we forged while we were there, and find it very interesting to hear about.

So, there you have it. I guess you bring your own baggage and expereince to it. We both have exceedingly open and honest relationships with our folks, and quite frankly, if someone is going to be judgemental on me about my choice to get some sunshine on my body in places where, everywhere else in the world considers this to be normal practice, then I really don't need to be friends with that person.

5. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Resort

When I first chose BBG/Temptations... It was because I had stayed in other places and just couldnt handle another year of Spring Break resorts, I really had no pre conceived ideas of swingers or nudity or wild adult fun, I just heard it was adults only and that sounded great to me. After going year after year and if someone asks me about the resort and what goes on, I tell them to stay at one of the other spring break resorts and then tel me why i stay here... The atmosphere here is priceless, and only over the top if you want it to be over the top. So when someone asks, thats my reasons and im sticking to it h aha...enjoy your trip

6. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    wow backs

could you be my spokesperson on such matters ? :cool:

awesome

rob and t

"im anything but ordinary"

from the song ordinary by train

7. sinala

sinala Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I so totally agree with everything RobnStew has said. If you are that concerned and continue to expend this much energy on the thoughts of others, then you probably need to explore another resort where it's just couples only with less risque activities.

Seriously, life is too short before you know it, you will be old, grey and saying to yourself, geez I could have gone to Temptations but didn't.

Temptations is a blast and will be my favorite place for a long time to come.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I've taken both my Mom, and my Stepmom and Dad there and never been uncomfortable. It's really what you make of it and how involved you want to get. They didnt want to get too involved and nor did I but that didnt stop us all having a great time.

If you wanna chill on the beach you can, if you wanna hang out at the quiet pool you can, if you wana get silly you can. It's up to you how far you take it and if others think bad of you for going there that's their problem not yours.

Ironically, as Blue Bay Getaway it was a lot more risque than it is now as Temptations despite the connotations of the present name.

9. jimbo64

jimbo64 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 1
    I agree, despite this new name it seems that it is being watered dowm quite a bit. And, at least I feel, to its detriment.

10. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    a lot of people are not as easy going as you people are though. I can totally understand their worries.

There are many people out there that are busy bodies and love to judge others for what they do. It's easy to not have these people as your friends... but when you have to work with them and when they may be your boss it's very different.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice