WHY IS THIS THE CASE

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Mar 20, 2008.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't believe no one has mentioned - going 50 kph in the fast lane on the hotel zone blocking all the traffic behind - MOVE RIGHT YOU IDIOTS! :evil:

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That one drives me crazy. I always signal even when no other cars are present, but other people can't be bothered to signal and make their intentions known. Completely selfish of them.

I think it's more semi-free that the U.S. is, at least it has a lower percentage of it's citizens in prison.

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why DO we live here then if things are (supposedly) sooooo much better somewhere else??

(And if it REALLY is so much better, then PLEASE tell me where this wonderful world is where everyone parks in the lines, drives as we would wish them to drive and where people DON'T die of preventable diseases. And Steve, I just came back from 2 strange countries where people even drive ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!) :lol:

"When I focus on what's good I have a good day. When I focus on what is bad I have a bad day." Anonymous

Can you tell I just got back to Cancun after 2 weeks in 3 "first-world" countries? Imagine going that long without corn tortillas, palm trees and warmth!

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I dont think anyone really has that much of a problem with these minor annoyances, they're just idiosyncracies that make living here interesting.

I hope you enjoyed the UK Jim, like I said to you it's a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to live there. Driving on the left actually goes back 2,000 years to the times that horsemen, predominantly right handed, held their swords in their right hand and therefore within swinging distance of passing traffic. It might not be "correct" but it was first :wink:

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did indeed enjoy the UK. Manchester, York, Liverpool and Dublin. A great time and only one day really of rain--the cold was another thing but had a good time. “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

6. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hahaha Elizabeth :lol:

TJ - After you're done talking to Elizabeth's neighbors, will you please ask mine why, after the lock on the front gate to the building was broken for a couple of weeks, an "its-all-about-me" neighbor decided to put her OWN lock on the gate, sometime after I left at midnight and before I got home at 4 a.m., without giving anyone a key, and I had to scale the damn gate with sharp pointy things on top and had blood, puncture wounds and ripped clothing from it?

And, why, when I left the gate open in the middle of the afternoon the other day, the landlord came and bitched me out, telling me how peligroso that is, even though she couldn't be bothered to replace the lock for a couple weeks? And it was almost never locked before this nervous-nellie-lock-changing-neighbor moved in? And how the open gate is so peligroso, but my shower head that gave me an electric shock when I touched it - standing in water, on a metal floor drain, like a lightning rod - was NOT an urgent matter and peligroso?

And while you're here, please ask my upstairs neighborS why they drop coins or something similar on their floor SEVERAL TIMES IN THE EARLY MORNINGS above my bedroom? And, why, when the baby is crying in their third floor apartment (that, btw, has about a 1,000 people living in it), they come down to the second floor and walk the crying baby back and forth in front of my apartment, rather than outside of their third floor apartment?

Thanks. hehe :wink:

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is interesting how first world nations are mostly in places with seasonal and often bad weather. My husband always says that when the weather is bad in a place it forces that society to organize better and be more innovative. When the weather is good you get corruption, bad government, potholes, bad things.

I'm not sure I agree with his theory all the way but there's certainly an element of truth there.

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have to say that I have had all these same complaints no matter where I have lived. Poor drivers and noisy inconsiderate neighbours are not problems isolated to Cancun or Mexico.

Not dissin' or looking for a fight, just sayin'.

9. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ. while you are at that.... :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can we start a comittee? could you ask my neighbor downstairs (whose bedroom is exactly below mine), why he puts his music very loud 3-4 times a week from about midnight to 5-6 am and NEVER EVER during the day.

If he gives you a logic answer (he is lawyer) and says he is going to stop, I would be very grateful

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I must say I never had inconsiderate neighbors until moved to Mexico, except maybe when I lived in a dorm in college.

I have noticed that people drive poorly everywhere, but they drive badly differently in different places. In Colorado they tailgate you way more than here. Here they turn left from the right lane and can't park. In Massachusetts they drive too fast on windy icy roads and ends up flipped upside down in rivers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice