Why Is March So Dead?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by iowa farmers, Aug 22, 2019.

1. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Yes that WAS true where high season went through about the first week of April...we know because we had to pay different rates for different days of our early April trips.
    But recently TTR has made nearly ALL of April (maybe up thru last weekish) high season with higher rates I believe to catch the large April Addicts group as a cash grab.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    They don't micromanage like that.

It will be more to do with what hoteliers across Cancun and the Riviera Maya are doing. They'll all decide when high and low season is as a collective industry.

I am sure the April Addicts are not on the agenda when they meet to decide these things :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    As long as I remember with Original Resorts Properties(ie since at least 2003) and most other properties in Cancun and down the coast, they have always considered High Season to be from Jan 1st to April 30th

4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Not TRR until recently...a year or so ago.
    We know because of price per night and discussing with Premier.
    Now as you and Steve state, maybe all the hotels did, but pretty sure TTR is now only thru most of April, was in 2019.
    Have not checked yet for 2029.
    Still deciding if we will visit.
    All of us abused April Addicts;)

And as far as the cash grab, I think it has been proven and I think we can all agree they are actively doing such since the renovation.
    But hey, it is a bizness and that is the order of the day.
    Making money, and increasing that revenue, is the goal.
    As you know Steve, I am quite the advocate for this and those in bizness...not monkey bizness though!
    The extortion list is very long and we have experienced it much.
    Of course they are quite inconsistent and when pushed back on have been very accommodating too. Not always but consistently inconsistent as is the new norm.
    Just our experience and opinion.

5. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    We went to Cancun twice in march. Both time we freeze our legs.
    That being said, we are still very busy in march so unable for us to travel.
    In all trip in april 10+ we got only 3 days of rain, VS 5 days of rain in March.

6. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    the pool is really cold in march ..and when we go we notice its a lot of first timers
    the spring break thing isn't that big of a deal sadly
    we went one year and the resort did a whole spring break thing ..brought in guest dj's for afternoon parties .. we had a great time
    there were groups of single guys and girls and no one had a big issue and the guys were friendly not pushy
    but due to the freezing pool we most likely wont be going back in march again

7. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,846 / 5
    So..... we can expect orange “MMGA” hats in the CCC store before Christmas?? ;)

8. 2wavemakers

2wavemakers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    [​IMG]The end of March is the new April. :)
    Lol
    Lots of fun people are there, but maybe they just want to be incognito. If we go in 2020 It will be our 6th March trip. Seems like we met several people that just don't want to be part of a permanently digitized record of their private lives. The teacher, church secretary, and public official types. But they are participating in the resort themes, and going on the Boobs Cruise. Someone a few years ago called our late March timeframe "March Mischief",.... But the name really doesn't matter that much.
    March is alive! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  9. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    That got you guys on ccc.. LOL.. good to hear from you.. long time no see. :) March Mischiefs is a great name.. the biggest know name for March might be from college BB.. March Madness.. lol

10. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    we usually went sometime around the 11th of march ..its a mixed bag of people ..I swear one march no one was doing shots and everyone was sipping champagne all week ..it was crazy ( not in a good way )
    a lot of march people for their first trip but after that trip find the ccc forums ..might be because I tell them about it lol so after that first trip they are on here to talk about going back

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice