Why arent the authroities screening departing passengers?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Apr 28, 2009.

1. tboyte

tboyte Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I listened to it and have to agree about the "conspiracy theory", I think they are blowing it WAY out of proportion. We have 7 "probable" cases and 41 "suspect" cases an hour down the road from us. The students spent a week in Cancun, how does that happen when there are no confirmed cases in Cancun, they must have traveled through Mexico City, but no mention of that here, just don't go to Mexico.

My doctor is strongly recommeding I don't go to Mexico because I had a Kidney Transplant 15 years ago. He won't even write a prescription for Tamiflu "just in case". Can someone find some for me in Mexico, PLEASE???

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Am now in UK- some passengers on our flight to Charlotte were wearing face masks at Cancun airport but removed them as soon as they were on aircraft. ??? (Beats me).
    On arrival at Charlotte we were handed a form with a list of symptoms and it stated to contact Dr if we suffered any of them.
    On arrival in UK- absolutely nothing! No screening, no questions , NADA !!!!

Have been contacted by school in Cancun today to say schools may well be closed until 12th May.

Tracey
    x

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the obvious answer is that if someone is sick, why would the gov't want them to stay here. Pack 'em up; ship 'em out.

My concern is traveling back to FL in a couple of weeks and maybe they won't let me in, or my Mexican guests.

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Masks

The 3M N95 mask is about the only mask that's going to protect you against this flu. Good luck finding them and good luck paying for them. It seems as though exploitation pricing has already arrived. The standard fare paper face mask is just about worthless in this particular situation .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice