Why arent the authroities screening departing passengers?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Apr 28, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I heard almost the whole interview Steve (it cut out just before the end). You did a good job, as usual!

2. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No fair! I want to see! Is there any way I can see it?

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks Rivergirl. As you know from previous experience these media interviews are not easy. No idea of what they are going to ask you and having to ad lib knowing that hundreds of thousands of people are listening to what you say is a little nerve racking. They never even asked me the question that was the subject of my post.

I made a few slips but probably no one noticed except me. Where is Veracruz again? I always get it mixed up with Monterrey! My conspiracy comment too. Oops!

Tomorrow the show will be archived and I should be able to provide a link for anyone who wants to listen to my rambling.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Live interviews are hard, I wouldn't worry about little slips (most folks outside of Mexico have never heard of Veracruz anyway, teehee). Let us know when you have a link, I missed it! I've got two possible radio interviews as well with Canadian media, will let you guys know if they actually happen. I've kind of directed them to Canadians in Mexico City, I think my interview would be pretty boring ("Yep, nothing happening in Cancun...."). ;-)

Looking forward to hearing it Steve, I'm sure you did great, you always do.

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TraceyUK just called me from the airport to give the report. She said that no one said anything upon check in, they were just given a form asking if they had any symptoms including "fever over 39 degrees, headache, joint pain, red irritated eyes, cough and nasal flux". She said that they are to turn the form over to security when passing through the gate, but that's the only screening she's seen. She told me she would call if she sees anything else of interest.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve - I did notice the Veracruz slip...and I yelled at you...but you didn't hear me. But you sounded confident, you gave thoughtful consideration to questions and you didn't go "uh, uh, uh" like some people do when being interviewed. They keep interviewing you because you are good under pressure.

7. violet0905

violet0905 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah no real control is happening in the airport...including there are no face masks or anything of that sort.

I work there and i asked if we were gonna be given face masks or something and they said we werent even allowed to wear them ,i think in fear "tourist would get alarmed" but hey people are already paranoid,i think itd be real unlucky if someone got it but still ur never too careful ...anyways i didnt see many passengers wear face masks or anyone providing them as i saw the army did with people in mexico city and no employees in any of the businesses are wearing them either....

prevention here sucks...}
    looks like after monday next week it will be a boring week here ,none coming in really....

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    violet0905 -
    INM issued faces masks, gloves and hand sanitizer to all employees working at the airport several days ago.

So there are some people at the airport taking some measures to protect the public.

Do you work in timeshare? I imagine companies trying to sell things to the public will be more hesitant to push their employees to wear masks.

9. violet0905

violet0905 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah only immigration officers and some security officers got that stuff ,if u go to the airport u will see most people maskless.i could gt a face mask b ut not wear to work and no i dont work in timeshare

10. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like they are screening. A friend is meeting me here in Chicago and told me he has to be at the airport early to go through security screening.
    Probably more now that the first death in the US was a Mexican most likely illegal. Flew from Mexico City to Matamoros and then SOMEHOW got to a hospital in Houston. Bill O will have a field day with this one. Hopefully not since it was a toddler.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice