Whooeee!!! We be havin' a NORTE!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Windknot, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here in Veracruz, winds are gusting to over 45 mph, and they say there will be gusts to 60 or better, before this is all over with. I can look out toward the ocean (barely visible) and it's like foggy out. Except that the reduced visibility is due to blowing sand. Due to the rivers, there is a lot of pulverized organic material in the sand, and it can penetrate through closed windows and doors...really makes a mess, and I should close up my computer, but I'm sure it's already filled with the stuff from its years already spent here.

Don't hear too much about "nortes" (cold fronts) in Cancun. In the Florida Keys, winds hardly ever gust much over 30 during one of these fronts. Do you guys get them as severely as we do here???....or they more Keys-like, kinder and gentler?

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We get nortes a lot. It was blowing hard last night and this morning here too. High waves.

3. aaamigo2203

aaamigo2203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hear you Rick. I played on a national baseball championship in Veracruz last month and the Norte back then had 120 km/hr gusts. Out of the 7 games we played, there were 5 shotouts. Wonder why?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice