Wholeweat Pasta, Wholewheat Rice

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam, maybe try a different Walmart. They are not consistent and don't always have/carry the same products. Suerte!

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I buy wholegrain rice (arroz integral) at Soriana. It's in a green bag, I forget the brand right now (I'm in the States now). It's usually with the white rice but on the bottom shelf to the right.

Soriana also carries wholewheat pasta usually, but sometimes I have to hunt for it.

3. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never found arroz or pasta integral at Costco and Sam's used to have pasta integral but not anymore. They have them both at WalMart and Mega-Comercial. I used to get it at the Italian deli on Palenque but haven't been there for a long time. They also have some at the Gourmet Deli in Plaza Caracol.

4. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I swear I am not lying Jim...there is brown rice in Costco!
    :lol:

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will look for it. It may be brown rice without being arroz integral.

6. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam: Let me know where(IF!) you found anything of value... Went to Wal Mart last night and spent 30 min or so asking and looking for wholewheat pasta with no luck at all.

Dont understand why it is so rare here :(

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's int he aisle where the spices are in a clear plastic container with a large mouth screw on top. It's actually Brown, Red, and biege rice, a mix that tastes fantastic I think it's "organic" as well.

8. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can also find Whole Wheat Pasta at Frascetti on I believe Avenida de la Costa.

9. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Matt found some in Soriana, however i found nothing in Mega (Lopez Portillo and Cancun Mall), also nothing in Walmart, i'm going on an extended hunt tonight! Thanks for looking Rawkus :)

I saw wholewheat pasta (1 type) in the lopez portillo Mega, think it was penne, didn't buy it, looked offensive.

10. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got some last night in the posh Mega next to Costco, arroz integral in a green packet, called SOS. They also sell Uncle Bens Wild Rice, have yet to try either.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice