Who Wins Tonight?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by marshe, Nov 6, 2012.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I must admit that somehow I wonder who really won on Election Day. The reason I say that is that we have a sitting President who had the support of 90% or more of the media and was running against a weak candidate and he still had almost 60 million people vote against him. Not really a mandate by any stretch of the imagination.

Now if the economy turns around and the deficit gets tackled, then the pundits are right and the Republican Party is in trouble. However, if things don't turn around and get worse, how likely will someone be to vote for more of the same? The next two years will be very interesting to see what happens and how everything shakes out with both the economy and the deficit. My major concern is that both parties kick the deficit issue down the road and then all hell will break loose when cuts have to be made to both entitlements and defense and taxes have to really rise by more than just a point or two.

2. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    [​IMG]

Really? Are these two in 2nd and 3rd place?

3. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I understand your dislike of Bush II but what is your problem with Bush I?

While you are thinking of your answer to that question, I'll look for a picture of Pierre Trudeau for you!

4. Lenni & Jodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Lenni & Jodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    I'll take care of that - No Problem

Canadian Prime Minister - The Ladies Man

[​IMG]

Canadian Prime Minister - Maple Syrup for Cigar Exchange

[​IMG]

6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I hate to burst your bubble but the last four years of out of control spending are all the doing of the Big O. He came, he saw, he spent! All his wonderful social programs are just peachy, but we can't afford them.

Oh, and just in case you haven't been keeping up with Channel 7, there is a lot of discussion that the end of the "Bush" tax cuts will cause a recession. Hmmm, do you think maybe our current recession would have been a lot worse without those tax cuts? The media kind of misses that one.

7. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    I've reallly tried to stay out of this but I think your wrong twinimini.. I believe Obama walked into a horrible mess brought on by the Bush Administration... My personal opinion is America made the right choice again.

8. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Jeff, what a lot of people forget about is that things like the GM and Chrysler bailouts were started under Bush. Also Bush had to deal with Pelosi and Reid controlling Congress in his last two years and they have to be the two most out of touch with reality politicians in the world. Obama had them controlling Congress in his first two years of his Administration and instead of looking at turning the economy around and controlling spending he came up with his grandiose health care scheme. Obama managed to take this country further into debt than all the prior US Presidents combined. It is scary to think what he can do with four more years of spending.

Jeff, before the election I asked the question of why someone would vote FOR Obama. The responses I got were that he was black and that some people were no worse off than they were before he got elected. Those are not bell ringing endorsements. No one could tell me that Obama deserved to be re-elected because..... That's pretty sad really.

In my business we serve predominately small businesses. Of the hundreds of small businesses we serve, not one person was supporting Obama. We are the people who employ others and who pay a lot in taxes and who have to deal with the myriad of regulatory gobbledygook that gets handed down from Washington. Not one single person that I work with who has their own business supported Obama for another term. That should say a lot about how his performance was for his first term.

9. Lenni & Jodie

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    I know it's hard to get the understanding of the tone of my voice when discussing politics or anything else for that matter when you're reading it, so please understand I am in no way arguing with you on your point of view. Obama took office for a 2nd time because of the following reasons.

a) Elections are ridged
    b) People actually voted for him more than Romney
    c) Romney is a complete idiot - from A to Z
    d) America is changing, multicultural differences and demographics
    e) the list could go on forever

If there was a President who I would of like to see as the runner up is Ron Paul, his interviews and comments made the most sense to me personally for what all the other choices were out there.

When Obama took office, the USA faced a depression and huge bailouts of the banks and corporations. The Bush administration, both of them started wars that they couldn't pay for and lost again, the Bush's and the sidekicks are the only one's who won financially, the rest of America lost big time. The interest rate alone on the deficit is outstanding itself, no President will ever be able to correct it in 4 years nor 8 years. I don't understand Obama Care 100%, but I have seen video's that corporations will have to stop Full Time Employee's from working the average 40 hour work weeks and that is really sad, so they can save a few pennies here and there. It's my understanding that these companies will have to pay for the health care versus Insurance Health Care. That itself is also sad as we all know Insurance Companies are also corporations and there to make a buck, but when it comes time to spend you will most likely get a busy signal when calling or have to fight tooth and nail to get full coverage. Here in Canada, when we are sick or have a emergency, all we do is go to the hospital or doctor and get taken care of right away without having to worry about anything other then what we are there for.

As for Romney, his corporations and his past records speak for themselves, his views that were made public are a joke, especially on Gay Marriage, Women's Rights, Equality of Basic Human Needs and so much more, I can promise you that although Obama may not have been the best choice, but he is more than likely the lesser of two evils. America is not longer a country, she has turned into a corporation unfortunately and the corporation has no concern for anyone under it.

10. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    There are a lot of reasons why Obama won and Romney lost. I guess the first question is did Obama win or did Romney lose? I really think it was the latter. Romney got the nomination by playing to the far right to get the early states and to combat Rick Santorum. The system pushed him into positions that are not main stream and frankly do not make sense to a lot of the more centrist Americans. That got him the nomination but then he had to back away from those positions which is almost impossible to do. Obama's machine took that opportunity to define Romney and much of what you are saying about him is the way Obama portrayed him, not the actual facts. Much of what was put out by Obama was a total distortion which took root. Bingo! Romney comes off as the evil corporation guy as defined by Obama.

You mention the social programs. Most of the social programs here in the US haven't worked and have just made generation after generation wards of the state. You live in Metro Toronto and perhaps you have been in downtown Buffalo. Not a pretty place, is it? Do you know how many billions and billions of dollars have been stuck into that city? Travel the East Side and see how safe you feel. Again, billions into that area and it is still a poverty ridden, crime stricken neighborhood. I'm not opposed to social programs, but let's start looking for ones that work, not ones that just simply are used to buy votes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice