Who Is Still Going???????

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by taz87, May 2, 2009.

1. taz87

taz87 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well Peeps me an 3 mates have booked up to travel from from the UK on the 17th June, If this Ban is Lift just, trying to get a role call of who is still going to the craziest destination on earth, Were stopping in the Oasis Cancun,
    Get back to me People!!!

An as Nelly Said " We Cant Leave Cancun"

2. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With some of the recent news storys about them over stateing the numbers with the flu and the dangerousness of it it will be a farse if they dont let people travel to Cancun by then. Have a good time!

3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well said Trig - it will be a farse - especially when no one has it here in Cancun! A mate of mine who is a doctor here in Cancun said the virus doesn't survive well over 22 degrees - well it's 36 here - guess you can see why there have been no cases here.

4. NickyBhoy

NickyBhoy Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Still Going

I would imagen with how things have panned our over the last few days that the flights wil be back on. The way the media took the story and ran with it is ridiculous total scare mongering in my opinion. I understand that it wasnt a fuss over nothing and that they did well to halt it or slow it but the millions and millions and the panick they caused seemed very unnessessary.
    Am still going so are the peoples am traveling with Cancun 09 Hopefully still rammed. See uz all there

5. michele64119

michele64119 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    panic

I think a numerous amount of nations have paniced over the swine flu, but in all honesty do you know over 36,000 Americans die of the flu each year??? so this swine flu is pretty typical if you let it go it will progress like all other types of flu...
    but on our news they say an immunization will possibly be available soon.

I am not worried.. I am still headed for fun in the sun....in JULY :D

6. sparky23

sparky23 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a group of 4 of us going May 30th for 2 weeks, we're not too concerned about this swine flu, we just think the media have blown it out of proportion. Its hardly mentioned on the news over in the UK now.

The only worry we have is will the bars/clubs be busy still?!?! Its one of the main reasons we're going Cancun because of the nightlife.

7. michele64119

michele64119 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    swine flu

One of the surgeons I work with was explaining to me the ratio in the US with yearly deaths due to flu... and that as with all virus's all you can truly do is treat the symptoms. With pneumonia etc. you will get antibiotics to treat them. think of how many strands of flu there are.... the "flu" shot that is given each year doesnt even touch the brim of what is out there... and sure they will give an immunization.
    isnt it amazing that they can come up with an immunization this quick but cant find a cure to cancer??? strange huh...............lol :evil:

8. ernielou

ernielou Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Still Planning to come to Cancun May 23 to 30!

We are still planning on coming down to Cancun for our trip from May 23 to 30! There are way more cases of swine flu here in our city/state (Seattle, Washington) 128 cases then the 11 cases in Quintana Roo! Hope others still plan on going down!

9. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Still going

After listening to all the information, and weighing the pros and cons, we are still going. My travel agent has had 13 couples come back, and have been home for over a week with no flu symtoms. She reports they all had a blast and and we are excited about arriving May 28th. We are from Oklahoma and still have to stop in Houston. The airports I think would be the easiest place to pick up the bug, so we will be prepared.

10. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am sure u will have a blast. We don't go until June 19th but I am ready to go Now. lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice