Who Here Wears Glasses or Contacts?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by blondie1972, Sep 17, 2005.

?

~Who on CC Wears Glasses /Contacts~?

1. Glasses

100.0%
  2. Contact Lens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Glasses & Contacts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 20/20 Vision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Needs Glasses/Contacts but doesn't Wear them!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    used to wear glasses to work and contacts on the weekend... Les paid for me to have eye surgery cos I used to get so frustrated having to wear them. :bash:

2. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't see anything without my contacts on....

And you DON'T wanna see me with my glasses...none suit me well. ANd I HATE them too. Eurk.

3. blondie1972

blondie1972 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me too Currrvy! I never wear my glassses except at home, but my sight is terrible, so that means always wearing contacts except to sleep. If I wake up in the night, I actually have to put my glasses on to see the digital clock beside me to check the time~ my sight is THAT bad!

I wear contacts from the moment I get out of the shower in the morning until I wash my face right before bed at night. Then I just wear my glasses to keep from crashing into things while heading for bed and reading or watching TV until I fall asleep.

I would like to get LASIK surgery but it scares me a bit. I'm not too keen on the pain and knowing what exactly they do~ But even more so, I am worried that it won't work and I will have spent all that money and still have to wear contacts. I know someone who had the surgery and there was a problem. Her sight didn't improve and she couldn't even wear contacts for six months while her eyes healed before paying to have another more extensive (and expensive) eye surgery to correct the issue.

4. Ian

Ian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amen to that. :wink: :wink:

5. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you're considering Lasik, just be sure to do your homework, and make sure the Dr. is reputable. There is very little pain, and most people are corrected to 20/40 or better. At the most, you may need a very slight RX to drive at night (or probably nothing at all) If you can't see the alarm clock, seriously consider it. It's no longer a new procedure. I think Sparky had it done. Good luck!

6. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wear contacts, my sight is appaling, like -6.75 in each eye! Got specs as well, they're on today as my eyeballs are shattered!

I'd like laser surgery as well, but am a bit "oooh!" about it. I dunno, one day maybe.

7. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    I never liked my glasses but after I had surgery everyone said "oh I liked your glasses"... cheers....

Surgery was the best thing ever. It's the most weird experience getting your eye scrapped whilst your staring at the scalpel being dragged across your eyeball. No pain though and I was driving after 2 days.

8. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That sounds completely vile I have to say!

9. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is, but with your RX, it would be worth it Jen

10. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tell me about it Terri - to be able to see the alarm clock that's next to my bloody face in the morning would be a nice thing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice