Who else has had this trouble with oasis cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by can'tfookinwait, Feb 27, 2007.

1. putangie63

putangie63 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i've heard of people being moved once they got to the oasis, but not beforehand. Something sounds pretty fishy about that letter. Make sure you find out which resort it will be and whether or not it will also be all inclusive since i am assuming you are going AI at the oasis.

2. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i have had trouble w/ the oasis.

FIRST: they put us on the lowest floor, and our screen door was broken into from the beach and 1,000 worth of stuff was stolen from us.

Second: They put us in room which was smller thn the one we paid for and ended up getting screwed ther.

THIRD: Did not help when we were robbed, instead stole our pizza.....also ceilings were leacking ALOT and had buckets everywere. Also, construction was being done 24.7 and waking everyone up

3. can'tfookinwait

can'tfookinwait Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just been contacted again by the company and they said it's due to fire regulations. They said we can still stop there but we will not be insured by them if there was a fire etc. We could get insurance eleswhere if anybody would insure us. We would get moved to the oasis playa if we are going to move, does anybody know anything about this hotel with regards to age group of people who stop there, star rating etc? Sounds like you got well done over there fletch, is the oasis really worth all this hassle?

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    thats exactly right karan, the oasis is total booked up for the month of march!! They likely did oversell their rooms. My buddy from studentcity is down there right now and emailed me last night, said its already killer down there, said peak week is looking to be NUTS at the oasis!! woohooooooo

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well yeah you might be at the mercy of the Travel agent.

What hotel are they trying to move you to?

I would choose the accomadations else where myself but you wanna party. So maybe just stand your ground. And say you booked there and you wanna stay there. Or maybe mention another party hotel and say you wanna stay there. Maybe mention another Oasis Property. That way you can still go tot he Oasis Cancun

6. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    great idea dream!

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I thought so. Then at least they are allowed to go and party at the Oasis, even though they aren't staying there. What about the Oasis Viva or something?

You don't have to move though, you can argue and say no.

8. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Oh ya, there are other oasis properties that are really nice, AND they allow you to still come and party at the oasis cancun!

9. can'tfookinwait

can'tfookinwait Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They've sad we would be moved to the oasis playa, any views on this hotel?

10. Currrrvy-on-crack

Currrrvy-on-crack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Similar thing happened to me - trust me, the hotel they moved us to was MUCH better!!! (Grand Oasis Playa)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice