Who else has had this trouble with oasis cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by can'tfookinwait, Feb 27, 2007.

1. can'tfookinwait

can'tfookinwait Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have received a phone call today off the company(global travel based in England) we booked our week at the oasis cancun with from the 21st-28th of March and they said that we are now unable to stop in the oasis Cancun now because they've received a letter from the hotel saying we have to be moved due to health and safety reasons. They're saying we're being moved to a 5 star all inclusive hotel but we are very un happy with this because it'll probably be a family hotel and we had our hearts set on the oasis because of its atmosphere and age group of people stopping there. I told the lady i will have to speak with my friends about this because we booked specifically with their company because of the deal to stay in the oasis. Has anybody else had this trouble or do you think there is no such letter and they've overbooked us? Does anybody know our rights and where we stand on this because we are very reluctant to move?

2. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Personally, I would choose a 5 star over Oasis anyday. No offense to you hardcore Oasis lovers. I am a snob.

3. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i agree henry. think of this as a blessing in disguse. if its for health and safety reasons, this is a good thing youre being moved. could ruin your holiday if its that bad

4. can'tfookinwait

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah i can understand your posts but at the end of the day we're going there to party and ain't interested in the rating of our hotel especially a 5 star one because this is more likely to be full of families who ain't going to appreciate 5 young English lads getting hammered during the day and making abit of noise, we'd much rather be with all the other young people where our actions won't be frowned upon. Can understand your post and we obviously want to be safe but if its because of our specific room then why can't we just be moved to another etc. Just feels like we're being fobbed off. Does anybody know the number of the hotel so we can ring and maybe check our holiday company is being straight with us?

5. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OASIS CANCÚN
    Blvd. Kukulkán, Km.16,5. Zona
    Hotelera
    Cancún - Quintana Roo
    México. C.P. 77500
    Tel: 52 998 881 70 00
    Fax: 52 998 885 12 10

6. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you know, its spring break there are gonna be breakers everywhere! not just families.

what hotel have they sent you too?

http://www.oasishotels.com/english/contact_us.htm heres their website . you can try to contact them, but you might not be able to change anything, its worth a go

7. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dialing from London to Cancún
    Result, dial: 00 52 998 52 998 881 70 00

Number Comments
    00 is the international prefix used to dial somewhere outside of U.K..
    52 is the international code used to dial to Mexico.
    998 is the local area or city code used to dial to Cancún.
    52 998 881 70 00 is the local number you wrote.

8. can'tfookinwait

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks again for the info, we know they'll be breakers everywhere and the nightlife is the main part of our hols but we have had experience with staying in these hotels before with families and on one occassion my friend got kicked out for shouting up the stairs to another frined to leave the door open for him, the manager said he shouted to loud at night. Yes there nice hotles but we ain't too bothered in this and are their for the atmosphere.
    Not sure which hotel we're moving to but i'll ask tomorrow and hopefully it'll be still a good one regarding age groups.
    Thanks for the numbers also mate, much appreciated.

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're really at the mercy of the travel company.

You book with them to provide a room and they have to do that but it is up to them as to exactly where that room will be located. Most times things like this don't happen but during peak times (like Spring Break) it's not unheard of for you not to get your hotel of first choice.

You contracted with them not the Oasis and I suspect that the problem is the travel company has oversold the number of rooms they have for the Oasis.

10. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    at least the travel company has concern for it's clients. thats the least i can say about most here in the states.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice