Which side of the plane?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Brett61, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Brett61

Brett61 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am flying out of Dallas, TX to cancun in 2 days!!! Which side of the plane should I sit on so that I get to see the Hotel Strip flying in??? I am assuming it would be on the East side... right?

2. hottatortot

hottatortot Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm pretty sure it's on the right side!! I switched my seat after reading one article lol I think it will be worth it

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What time of day are you landing? In general the planes land going east (into the wind) during the day in which case your approach is over the jungle and you won't even see the ocean at all while you are landing.

Early in the morning, at dawn, and sometimes at night, and sometimes when the weather is weird the planes land go west, in which case the approach is from the ocean. In that case you are likely to see more on the right side of the plane, assuming they circle in clockwise.

Nine times out of ten than I've landed in Cancun we've landed going east with jungle views on approach.

4. Brett61

Brett61 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am landing around noon... I first booked the rigth side but changed it to the left side... I just want a nice view of the beach

5. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    EVERY trip to cancun I sit on the left side, and I have always had a great view. Especially when leaving for home, last few times they flew the entire length of the hotel zone, it was simply amazing!

6. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have no idea, I drove here, 7 years ago.

7. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The first time we went to Cancun, I thought we were going to crash into a jungle. I saw nothing, then a bunch of trees getting closer and closer.....and then, finally, the runway....

8. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ive been 3 times twice just got jungle views but the most recent time we was on the left side of the plane and got an awesome we sort of flew in over isle majures then then you could see down hotel zone mainly down the start where temptations , then came inland abit and flew over what looked like a very poor area where it was all white dirt roads and basic housing some didnt appear to have real roofs. Altogether interesting fly in .

9. sickofsnow

sickofsnow Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On the way there, we always seem to fly over the jungle - no view of the Hotel Zone. But, 9/10 times on the way home, the pilot will do a fly by the Hotel Zone. So, at least on the way home, as you sit facing forward, sit on the left side.

10. rodman4085

rodman4085 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sit on the port side......right, as you look at the front of the plane....great view as you circle around the whole Roo......get some of the mapchicks products....familiarize yourself with the area before you get there..... :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice