Which Resorts Have Heated Pools?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Razor, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Razor

Razor Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Thinking of doing a Winter trip, last time the pool was too cold to enjoy. Searched, but results seemed unreliable.

2. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    If you are concerned about cold pools in Cancun in the winter ( like us). Ya might want to look at a Caribbean island resort instead of Cancun. The large islands like DR don’t have the continental effects and tend to be balmier at night than Cancun. That’s why we are looking forward to TTR Miches for a winter trip....2022 I hope.

We have visited many of the large resorts in Cancun before discovering TTR and none had pools that heated significantly. Some use the air conditioning like a heat pump to get some warmth, but in the winter air use is down. Resorts we visited had included excellence, secrets, breathless.

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    The pool at Desire Pearl is "rumored" to be capable of being heated, but I've never heard directly from someone who has actually experienced that.

The pool at DRM isn't heated, but that jacuzzi on the rooftop is just fine and dandy, warm in the winter.

TTR is "supposed" to have the A/C/heat exchange system which works using the pool's water circulated through as a medium of exchange... but having been in November and February... I can tell you that, for at least those two month's, it's completely ineffective to "heat" the pool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice