WHICH INTERNET/PHONE/CABLE TYPE TV SERVICE IS BETTER?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Sep 21, 2008.

1. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cable

Elizabeth,

I can't honestly say what the Telmex process is like now. When I moved into this apartment (over 1 1/2 years ago), I went to Telmex and, for phone and internet, I was going to have to pay a contract fee of $2000 pesos and it was a 2-year contract, I believe.

2. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well if your a bad-ass or just want to do things the way everyone else does them, rip the chords out of the wall, and leave. :)

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we signed up for Telmex Infinitum there was a 2 year contract. I don't think there's a big penalty if you break it tho...

Until last week I was content with Telmex, never happy to feeding the Carlos Slim near-monopoly, but content with the service.

Then last Tuesday came...just as we were about to leave the house to go to the airport the phone line went dead, and with it our internet died. But there was no time to report it, and I figured it would come back in a bit anyway.

When we returned on Saturday there was still no phone and no internet. We've reported our line being dead at least 8 times since Saturday. We've spoken to several people. Everyone says "yes, your report is in the system, a technician should be there anytime."

Yesterday I waited all day with baited breath (well sort of), I did not run my errands, I did not walk my dog, I stayed home ALL DAY...but did a technician come? NO!

But guess who DID come?

The Telmex phone bill delivery guy!!

Those F*CKS can bring me my bill but they can't send a technician!

In the past I've had a bit of trouble with blowing up Telmex modems (I think I've killed 3 of them), they've always sent a technician within 24 hours. But it seems that when your problem is the actual phone line, not just the internet, that they cannot be bothered.

4. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have Cablemas internet. For me it has been great! No contract just pay monthly. It has only been down about 5 times in over a year and then for only for about an hour. I have the 1mb and always have a good speed etc.

Never had a problem. :D

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks to all of you. I have decisions to make and this has been a great help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice