Which Hospital is best equipped for premature delievery?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by gustravels, Apr 9, 2008.

1. gustravels

gustravels Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be travelling to Cancun in June. I will be 28 weeks pregnant at the time. Just to be safe I would like to find out which hopsital is the best for premature delievery? Does it have a well equipped Neonatal Intensive Care Unit?
    My previous 2 pregnancies were fine and both babies were late 5days and 12 days.
    Just to have this information on hand during my vacation would really really put me at ease. Thank you so much in advance. I am really looking forward to my trip to Cancun with my family.

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hi
    I would check with Galenia Hospital tel 0052 998 8915200 ext 203 for the Head of Obstetrics.
    Or Hospiten tel 998 8813700

Most airlines require a letter after 28 weeks of gestation to confirm your EDD and to say you have no complications before they allow you to fly.

Also check that your insurance covers you for all eventualities.

I hope you have a fab holiday.
    Tracey

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My vote would be for Galenia.

4. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Galenia and Hospiten

5. 4NSPY

4NSPY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since it was reported recently that Galenia's incompetence killed a patient. I go with Hospiten.

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Second your suggestion,

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    4NSPY and Ana,

Do you have a link to this information?

Thank you,

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  9. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was NOT THE HOSPITAL INCOMPETENCE.

News from a physician who works there. It is the responsibility of the physician to make sure he has everything needed for the surgery (including blood). This physician, whose father is very famous in Mexico-city, is an alcoholic, drugged, and had not held a lancet in ages. He cut an artery, that was not well bound.... and he has not asked for blood at the bank. That has to be planned several days in advance. NO HOSPITAL IS ALLOWED TO KEEP BLOOD. Mexican law

I think we have to get more and more info about the surgeon who is going to work on your body. It is a part of what happened to me at Hospiten. Plus hospital lack of professionalism.

10. 4NSPY

4NSPY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well if the Hospital was mine or I was a Director of the Hospital and I knew all the above, I wouldn't let this Doctor clean the cars in the parking lot.

Ultimately the Hospitals reputation depends on whom they allow to practice there. If they can't vet their staffs ability to the point that a fatality arises, it doesn't really instill much confidence to use them for much more than a nosebleed.

Jenleib. Let me ask... would you now recommend Galenia to a friend who needed an hysterectomy?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice