Where will the water go?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Nov 13, 2008.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Been riding by the reworked intersection at Tulum and Bonampak. They really are serious about a flyover and have ramped down below Tulum on both sides.

But won't this be like coming to the bottom of a Wet n Wild ride where you crash to a halt in the water, next time we have a good old Cancun rain for 10 minutes.

So where will the water go? That's my question.

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do not remember the answer but they are aware of that--now. They started out without considering it and then shortly into the project (probably during a rainy day) someone realized that they needed some drainage so they are "retrofitting" a fix.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been wondering this from the beginning. And I have trouble imagining that a fix that is an afterthought will be as good as proper ground-up engineering.

4. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good thing it rained before they had finished.

5. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think there could be an entire thread (sticky) on Mexican engineering fiascos alone. I am witness to one right outside my home (talk about flooding!!!....try 20 cars disabled when they tried to pass through meter-deep water) And as with Tulum/Bonampak, they had to retrofit something that doesn't work, but at least the water is only about 6 inches deep.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh yeah, in my house we make jokes about Cancun's urban planners... One person said to me that the only think good about Cancun's street planning is that lots of two-way streets are divided, if they weren't there would be lots of head-on collisions. I thought at was a good point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice