Where to stay in Cozumel - cheeeep?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Jun 28, 2006.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok Canuck (former Coz girl) you are on.

We are thinking of heading to Coz for about 3 days. We want to stay in a screened-in palapa near or on the beach and sleep in hammocks. Cheap, quiet and no mosquitoes is the idea. When I google for this I don't find anything close to what I want. Can someone tell me if there are places like this in Coz (I've never been there)? If so should we just wing it, show up and find something? I'd had good luck with finding places like this in other parts of the Riviera Maya (and Holbox).

Thanks for the help...

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's an unnamed place to stay on "The Other Side" at the end of the road before you turn right to travel the coast road, the area called Punta Morena (it should be really obvious while you are there). I have no idea if it is still there after Wilma or not though!

Here's a link... http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/0...e-cozumels-real-wild-side-cozumel-mexico.html

There really aren't that many places like you describe, the cheapest accomodations will be found in town, not on the beach. Though, it's been a couple of years since I lived there so they may have popped up (or popped down after Wilma).

www.cozumel.net has a forum that seems to be fairly recently posted upon, "Tony Rome" is a famous resident of the island and he appears to be good at answering questions about current status.

Have an amazing time, you know how much I love it over there. Perhaps do a search for Cozumel Bed n Breakfasts, there are a few of those in town. The hotels right on the square were pretty cheap if I recall, less than $50 a night for sure.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks CC, I appreciate the ideas. We know someone in town who has a clean and cheap hotel we can stay at, but I wanted something less boring than that.

Best, Kim

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would post on the Cozumel forum and ask about that unnamed place at Punta Morena. If you want to really rough it, you can camp on the beach on The Other Side. I never did it, but know lots of people who did. I had friends who had three and four day parties over there, never leaving and never seeing anyone who wasn't invited to the shindig.

6. misterno

misterno Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You call $50 cheap?

Try *********** and you will see sooo many places under 50 bucks.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do I smell spam burning? I took my trip to Cozumel last year and had a great time.

8. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TROLL alert!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice