Where to keep Valuables in Grand Oasis?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by AuzzieAzza89, Mar 1, 2009.

  1. AuzzieAzza89

    AuzzieAzza89 Enthusiast Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    Messages:
    15
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This will be my first time to Cancun and I have been hearing alot about how cleaners and staff can be a little dodgy when it comes to cleaning out your room..

    I have decided I will be using my spending money in cash form only, not taking any debit or credit cards or travellers cheques or anything like that..

    Would it be a wise option to get the in room safe (at a daily cost) and keep my valuables in there (cash, cameras, ipod) or just get a padlock for my luggage and stash the stuff away in my suitcase?

    Also, if anyone knows, how much is the in room safe to get?
     
  2. Greta

    Greta Guest

    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've always get a safe when I go to Cancun. Even if I don't use it sometimes lol... I tend to put my money in several different places too....
     
  3. trigger2002

    trigger2002 Guest

    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes they make you pay for safe i believe around 6 dollars a day but its needed without your asking for something to be stolen. the cleaners will just think your tipping them big when they find your money under mattress ;)
     
  4. LeonPhelps

    LeonPhelps Enthusiast Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2008
    Messages:
    61
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last year I just had a lock on my luggage. It worked fine. Another thing I do is unzip the lining in my luggage and stash money in there. Then I just zip it back up and put all my clothing and stuff back on top of it. Even if someone did bust off the lock and go through my bag they would have to take everything out and unzip the lining to find the stash.
     
  5. hw711

    hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2006
    Messages:
    5,447
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Chicago
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure why people do that. Doesn't that 1. increase the chance of whoever sneaking around finding some of your money. 2. increase the chance of you forgetting where some of your money is.
     
  6. Fletch

    Fletch Guest

    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've done it before....seemed to work.....just leave a nice tip for the maids and there wont be any problems....usually
     
  7. AuzzieAzza89

    AuzzieAzza89 Enthusiast Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2009
    Messages:
    15
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    K cool i think i'll go with the safe then.
     
  8. Greta

    Greta Guest

    Ratings:
    +0 / 0

    Never leave all your eggs in one basket.......

    I use crazy places to hide it lol..... Majority of it does go in the safe, but I hide some here and there just incase they get into the safe, so I won't be broke...
     
  9. DConCT

    DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2006
    Messages:
    6,786
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    connecticut, usa
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Use the ATMs.

    it is ridiculous to think that the cleaning people don't know where spring breakers hide their ridiculous amounts of cash in the room.

    I wouldn't bring more than $200 into NYC, why would I bring $1500 to a different country where I'd be drunk 90% of the time and passed out the other 10%?
     
  10. airaaron_6

    airaaron_6 Regular Registered Member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2009
    Messages:
    196
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's the deal with the pool area? Is it safe to leave hit hanging round there hole in pool? Are there any lockers to put stuff in
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice