Where to buy red wine in Cancun for reasonable prices?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Maja651, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Maja651

Maja651 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey there,

Although we have been going to Cancun for years, we have never really bought wine down there. We would like to this time, so I am wondering if anyone knows where we can buy some good red wine (Cabernet Savignon, Merlot, Shiraz, etc.) for a reasonable price? We like wines from California, Chile, Australia, and some from Italy, depending on the wine). We are looking for bottles in the range of $10-15 USD or less.

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

2. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michelle,

Vic told us several years ago that Carrefour had the best wine selection and prices around. I think it was 2003 that last time we were at that store but we bought some VERY good Peruvian wine that he had suggested. I don't know whether you were going to rent a cellphone but if not, you could probably email him with that question.

When are y'all going? We'll be at the Sands the 13th through the 20th.

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try La Europea.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure if Carrefour still exists, I haven't seen one for a long time. La Europea or Costco or Sam's would be your best bets, though you might find a couple of bottles at Walmart.

5. Maja651

Maja651 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks to all for your suggestions! We will check them out soon! :)

Phillip - We will be there at the same time as you! Royal Sands from October 13-20 and the Royal Haciendas down in PDC from the 20-27.

What is your villa number? Ours is a trade, so we won't know until we get ther.e. But, I am sure we could be found if you ask for the "Bauman" villa or ask for Michelle Wright.

Michelle

6. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    La Europea across from Walmart in Plaza Hollywood has a very nice selection across a broad price range - and it is convenient.

7. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's another food import store across from Costco too. If it's still there.

Carrefour got bought out quite a while ago. Hardly anyone seemed to shop there. Weird considering they had plenty of parking. Used to be a good place to go for a few things because the extra time it took to get there was less than the time you ended up standing in a checkout queue anywhere else.

8. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    La Europea and Chedaraui

9. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michelle, I was thinking we might be there the same time this year. We traded week 42 for 41 when we traded villas when we were there in March. We had G5118 which is one with the big veranda on top of the restaurant. . .the one right outside the hospitality room on the other side of the long flower pot thingy. Anyway, we traded for beach front ground level in phase 2. . .I forget the number of the new villa as this will be our first trip but I'll look it up tomorrow and tell u which one it is

I think I've still got ur cell from a couple of years ago when we were in florida the same week. . .it turned off so cold that week we skipped disneyworld one day when it was so cold and rainy. . .

10. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    On my last trip I visited La Europea. This was a pretty cool spot. they had alot of variety of wines and Tequillas

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice