Where to buy modern/trendy furniture for studio condo-Azcue?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by pjsouth, Mar 19, 2007.

1. pjsouth

pjsouth Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I searched through this forum and found some older posts recommending Azcue for more modern furniture. We have a 500 sq/ft studio so we really just need beds, end tables, wide dresser, lamps and maybe a small kitchen table.

How do Azcue prices compare to comparable furniture in the US?

If we do look at Azcue, can prices be negotiated here, especially if we are buying several items? Also, is it better to come with cash when buying furniture, rather than use a credit card? Or does it not matter for larger chains?

Thanks. Any other recommendations would be helpful. We are going to be in Cancun for 6 days in April, and I would like to get the furniture purchases out of the way.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    As long as you've mentioned it, lemme post the Azcue Muebles website here:
    http://www.azcuemuebles.com/

Looks like they have something like an online catalogue, and another store in Merida. Furniture for a studio?

3. pjsouth

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its a studio apartment... just one big room for the kitchen living area and bedroom. So I really don't need alot of furniture. Thanks for the link. This is very helpful.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would also check out Sears and Liverpool, they have a decent selection of furniture.

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can also try Cotso and Sams as they carry very modern and good quality furniture as well ad Detaglio and of course El Triunfo

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are a number of small "Italian" furniture places here. One in Paseo Cancun, one on Nichupte across from the Parque Kabah, a couple on Tulum south of Cancun proper, one in Nayandei Plaza on Bonampak.

I don't have any idea if you can bargain at Azcue, but I would sort of doubt it. IMHO most of the furniture here is overpriced, which is why I continue to live with a couch I hate.

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IMO Azcue has real crap, sorry but everything is made in China and is made from MDF. the quality is pretty bad. We learned this a couple of years ago after buying some furniture there and then returning it (thank God!) the next day. I would recommend Costco or Sams or even Telebodega before Azcue.

8. pjsouth

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow... this forum is very responsive!!! I will definitely check out Sam's and Costco when we are down there.

Where would I find Detaglio and El Triunfo?

I should have mentioned this before, but we will rent this unit out alot and its on the ocean, so I expect alot of wear on the furniture and will probably be replacing it every few years. So I don't want really expensive... Does affordable, decent looking and durable exist in furniture these days???

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Isn't Detaglio the one in Paseo Cancun? I think so. Paseo Cancun is on Avenida Quintana Roo, which is the road that Coba becomes when you pass Ave. Kabah. It's basically the next think after Soriana.

Coba is the road that Blvd Kulkulkan becomes when it hits the mainland.

El Triunfo is on Coba after Palenque and before La Costa, it's a blue 2-storey building with all the windows CRAMMED full of stuff. Lots of tasteful stuff there, and lots of not, it's a crap shoot in there.

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are two very nice but very expensive stores close to Walmart, on the opposite side of Xcaret, the same street as Walmart. One is right past the Honda dealership and the next one is in the next block, after Interceramica. One is called something like "Actual Decoracion" and I am drawing a total blank on the other. THESE ARE VERY HIGH END STORES.

El Triunfo is one street over, on Coba, almost behind the Honda dealer. it is a two story dark blue building and they always have some items on the street and in front of the store. This place is also costly, but I would not call it a trendy store. Rather than trendy, it has some unique items from furniture, to wall hangings, to dishes and flatware.

Detaglio is a small store at the corner of Xcaret and Reno. If you are at Walmart & heading to the hotel zone it is on the right, just past Yaxchilan, but before Tulum. You can go upstairs and keep roaming around finding more display items.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice