where to buy decent beach chair

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by StorageLady, Mar 10, 2010.

1. StorageLady

StorageLady Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be staying at a resort over Spring Break this year - and although the place is wonderful, their lounges aren't. They are designed for basking in the sun - and I'm more of a sit up and look around and read type of gal.
    Consequently, the chaises are too laid back for me.

So...I was hoping to buy a chair once we arrived in Cancun. Costco? Walmart?

In the past, I have always brought my own chair with me (much to the embarassment and chagrin of my kids). Yes, I know it's a kind of geeky thing to do - but there are definite advantages. One - I never have to rise at the crack of dawn to save a lounge chair at the pool or beach. Two - it's so comfy with a cup holder and a foot rest and the back is more upright so I can read while sitting up instead of lying down and Three - it's lightweight so I can pick it up and move it wherever I feel like sitting.

Sadly, my favorite chair met its demise at the beach last year - so I need a new one. And that's why I'm posting...

Do you know where in Cancun can I might find a decent beach chair that is comfortable and under $60? I can probably find one here in the states, but given that I have to pay to put it on the plane anyway, I thought I would see if it would be worth it to just wait until I got there to buy one. That way, I would only have to pay to ship it one way instead of 2!

We will be staying out in the hotel zone near Plaza Kukulkan, but can take a cab into downtown..

Thanks for the help!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Both Costco and Walmart should have something and they'll be way under $60. Home Depot is another option.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Costco often haves them on the left as you walk in the door, along with beach towels, coolers, umbrellas, and other beachy stuff.

4. StorageLady

StorageLady Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the tips...Sounds like a Costco trip on day 1...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice